Touya

"Dad, Dad! Look!"

Touya held his arm out, letting his quirk erupt as bright red flames swam up his arms.

He smiled excitedly as his dad looked in shock, slowly grinning as he came for a closer look.

"This is incredible Touya..."

Touya grinned as Enji ruffled his hair, "With that kind of firepower you'll be able to surpass me one day. Maybe even..."

Touya tilted his head as his father gave a sharper grin, his eyes glinting something he couldn't name.

Touya yelped as his father grabbed his wrist, "Come on. We need to start training it as soon as possible. Who knows how far you'll be able to go once your older."

Touya frowned as he was dragged along, "But I promised Fuyumi I would play with her..."

He paused as his father turned back to look at him, "You can play with Fuyumi later. Training takes priority. You want to be a hero don't you?"

Touya flinched, "Of course I do! I want to be strong like you are and fight bad guys."

He jumped excitedly at the thought of being super strong one day. Of saving people as his dad did.

"I'll fly around and lock bad guys up. I'll be the best hero ever!"

Enji felt a swell of pride as his sharp smile softened, "Well then you're going to have to train hard you know. That way you can become the best hero ever right?"

Touya tilted his head as he thought about it.

I guess I can always play with Fuyumi later... Plus I do want to fly so...

Touya nodded, "Ok dad. I'll play with Fuyumi afterward."

Enji grinned as he gave a supportive pat to Touya's head, "Good. You're already shaping up to be a great hero."

Touya giggled as he flew past his dad to the regular training area, unaware of his father's calculative gaze behind him.

"You'll be the best hero there is."

..............

"Mom! Fuyumi's being mean!"

Rei flinched as her son came to her, narrowing in on the bruise on his arm.

"Touya... Let's bandage you up first then you can tell me about Fuyumi."

Touya nodded, sitting still as his mom wrapped a single bandage around his arm.

"Touya, what happened?"

Touya looked away guiltily, "I tried flying as dad does..."

Rei huffed, "You shouldn't do that Touya. You know what you're dad does is hard. You could get hurt."

Touya huffed, "It wasn't that hard... I got it on the first try. The only thing I messed up on was when ai got in the air."

Rei looked at him in surprise, having finished wrapping his bruised arm.

"You got it first try?"

Touya nodded, "I just did what dad did and it worked. It wasn't that hard."

Even if staying in the air is pretty difficult.

Rei felt an odd sense of discomfort at her son's explanation. Feeling wary for a reason she couldn't put her finger on.

"Well, still be careful."

Touya hummed in agreement, secretly planning to try it again later.

Rei moved on to his earlier qualm, "So Touya, what was that about Fuyumi being mean?"