Hunted

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU CAN'T FIND HIM!?"

Fuyumi held Natsuo as they listened to their dad yells from downstairs, his fury reverberating through the house.

"WELL DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT OR FIND A DIFFERENT AGENCY..."

They flinched as Endeavor slammed the door, heading outside to continue yelling at his hires.

Natsuo whispered to her, "What's happening? Where did Shoto go?"

Fuyumi shook her head, holding back her fear as she tried to keep her calm, "I don't know..."

Neither of them could say the obvious, that Shoto probably got sick of training and ran away. That he gave up on trying to stay and left before he ended up like...

Natsuo lowered his head as he mumbled, "I miss Touya..."

Fuyumi flinched, the remainder of her older brother driving a knife into her heart.

"...I know..."

Fuyumi missed the times when Touya was allowed to play with them. She missed the times when he wasn't forced into training.

Natsuo started hiccuping, his tears flowing as he sputtered, "It's my fault... He came to me and I said he should tough it out... I didn't know..."

Fuyumi held him close as he cried, "No it isn't your fault Natsuo. Neither of us was able to help him... Neither of us..."

Fuyumi felt herself break as she held her brother, the unsaid regret lacing through their words.

"We couldn't help either of them..."

They hadn't been able to help Touya. They turned away when he was hurt, saying that it was fine. Telling themselves that he should be happy their dad at least knew he existed.

"Do you think Shoto is going to come back..."

Fuyumi flinched at her brother's question, shaking her head as she mumbled, "...No. Not unless dad catches him..."

They fell silent as they worried over their brother, flinching heavily as they heard the door slam open.

They trembled as their father stomped up the stairs, slamming their door open as he glared at them.

"Do you know where your brother went?"

Fuyumi spoke shakily, feeling Natsuo panic as their dad glared at them.

"We don't... we haven't seen him in months..."

She wilted under her father's gaze, trying to remind herself that she wasn't lying. That they hadn't been allowed to see Shoto since his training started, and the only time they caught glimpses of him was when mom hurt him.

Endeavor clicked his tongue, muttering a 'useless' under his breath as he left them in their room.

Fuyumi and Natsuo let out a breath of relief as he left the room, Natsuo shaking as he calmed himself down.

Fuyumi held Natsuo and took deep breaths, stilling as he asked, "Do you think Shoto will be alright?"

Fuyumi gulped, thinking of what could happen to him. Worried about what would happen to him if he ended up like...

Come on Fuyumi! We get Ice Cream all the time after training. You'll love it.

She blinked the tears out of her eyes, burying herself in Natsuo's shoulder as she whispered.

"I hope so."

...............

"Sorry kid. You need an ID if you want to work here."