Tokyo pt. 2

Touya was in the waiting room when he heard it, his name being called as the crowd roared in excitement.

I can do this.

Touya may have grown used to fighting to injure in the last few weeks, but he wasn't a stranger to death. He had killed before when he had to, and he would do it again to get Shoto his ID.

Love you Touya...

Touya took short steps out to the center of the ring, the crowd booing his name as he stood across his opponent.

"What are you doing!?"

"We didn't come to see a kid fight!"

"Get outta here shorty!"

Touya remained calm as the person in front of him scowled, "You should listen kid. This isn't a game."

Touya sized him up, his arrogant tone matched by the muscles bulging from underneath his shirt. He had dark blue eyes and yellow hair, towering over Touya like all of his other opponents.

He looks strong... maybe a physical quirk? If it's close range then that isn't a problem.

Touya gave a cocky smile, one he knew would get his opponent pissed off.

"Why don't you make me?"

The opponent's eyes twitched, "Fine. Don't say I didn't warn you."

Touya waited patiently as the announcer counted them down, starting the match with a blaring yell.

"FIGHT!"

The man shot off from the ground, pounding his fists together as they became coated in electricity.

Touya watched with a steady breath as he closed the distance, his nerves relaxed as the voice in his head calmed him down.

Don't hesitate...

He raised his hands, the blazing blue light reflected off his opponent's eyes as he realized too late that he had messed up.

Or you might die.

"AHHHH!"

The blaze of blue fire lit up the arena as his opponent screamed in agony, his body engulfed in flames as he crumbled to the ground.

Touya walked slowly to the man burning in front of him, adding to the flame until all that was left was a scorch mark on the ground.

The crowd fell silent at the display, the tension broke as the announcer roared, "WHAT AN UPSET! DABI DEFEATS VOLTAIC IN BRUTAL FASHION AND ADVANCES TO THE NEXT ROUND!"

The crowd roared as Touya walked away from the ring, the smell of burning flesh hitting his nose as the remains of the volt guy were cleaned up.

He got to his waiting room and shut the door behind him, letting out a deep breath as he looked toward his shaking hand.

Still this bad, huh?

He flipped his arm around to see the traces of the burns. Their path extended up his arms as they left purpled skin in their wake.

Dammit.

He bit his lip as he let the burn dry, not bothering to wrap it when he knew he had another fight soon anyway.

Sorry, Shoto...

He heard the roar of the crowd through the walls as he took deep breaths, trying to get enough rest before his next fight. Knowing that he didn't have the luxury to take it easy when anyone of his opponents could kill him.