Chapter Four

Marilyn

My eyes widened, "Am I hearing that correctly?" I yelled at him, not caring if the locals were looking at us.

"You are, darling." Riddle smirks at my reaction, finding it amusing. How could he ask me that? I frowned. I haven't spoken to him before since yesterday. He raised his brows, curious about my decision.

"Well not really date, I want us to be in a fake relationship." He chuckled.

"Why?" I didn't understand why he wanted us to pretend to be in a relationship.

He sighed and said, "If you didn't know, I'm quite popular with the ladies at school, I had been dealing with unwanted attention from other girls for a while now. I couldn't walk down the hall or attend without being constantly hounded by girls vying for my attention." I rolled my eyes and nodded, signalling him to continue. "It had become exhausting and frustrating." He responded.

All of the girls in school wanted to court Riddle. I couldn't blame them, I mean look at him, he's the epitome of perfection. "Look who has a staring problem right now?" I snapped out of my reverie.

It was my turn to smirk, "So, what's in it for me?" To be honest, I didn't want to do it. He is very popular at school, and I don't want any attention drawn to me while I'm with him.

"I'm beginning to think that you lack braincells, being with me will not make you a target of Amelia. You don't need to be concerned about her or any other girls bothering you. I will protect you." He reassured me, but I still didn't think it was a good idea. I was capable of protecting myself from Amelia, her abilities in magic was poor but at some time she would come to me while I was studying which dirupted me from learning.

"I'm sorry, i don't want to do it." I mumbled, feeling bad for rejecting his offer since he saved me earlier.

He didn't say anything for a while but then eventually he nodded, "But the offer still stands."

Tom

As we walked into the deserted common room, my eyes were suddenly drawn to her rosy cheeks and the slight quiver in her hands. I couldn't help but wonder why she had offered me her scarf and gloves when she was clearly freezing. I began to peel the gloves, however her sudden touch on my hand halted my movements.

"No, keep it." I looked at her, only to find her smiling brightly at him. Despite my usual dislike of being smiled at, I acknowledges the effect her smile has on me, sending my heart racing. She removes her hand, taking with her the warmth. "Goodnight, Tom." She said softly before going to girl dormitory.

I took off my coat and her gloves and scarf, putting it on the coat rack. I didn't even think before proposing the idea to fake date to Hudson. I thought I will no longer be bombarded with attention from other girls if I started dated. I thought she would say yes despite her history with Amelia.

Amelia is Hudson's cousin through her father, who was disowned by the family for marrying a muggle-born. She enjoys taunting Hudson due to their differing views.

I took out out the Dark Arts book explaining about the horcrux. I wonder if there was a possibility to create more than one horcrux. I have made one horcrux so far- the diary. Last year in August, I visited Little Hangleton when I found out about my mother's family. I altered my uncle, Morfin's memeory, framing him for the murder of my filthy father. I took the Gaunt family ring, if there were a possibility of making more than one horcrux, I wanted the ring to be my second horcrux.

I have been finding books since of August last year but I couldn't find any information. Someone knocked on the door, I quickly put the book in my drawer. I opened the door expecting Malfoy and Professor Slughorn but it was Hudson. I looked around to see if there is anyone outside.

She was still standing outside the dorm with her head down. "Come in, hurry up, because if anyone sees you, we'll both get in trouble." I shut the door as she entered my dorm.

"Does the offer still stands?" She mumbled, her gaze fixed on the floor. Her hair obscures her face.

She was behaving strangely. "Are you okay?" She nodded, not looking at me. "Marilyn, look at me," I said but she didn't listen to me. I put her hair behind her ear when she finally looked at me. I saw a bruise on her cheek and a streak of blood near her temple.

I tilt Marilyn's chin to get a better look at her face. I wiped the streek of blood by my thumb, saying nothing as I examined it.

"Who did this to you?" My voice was quiet and tense, barely suppressing my rage. i don't know why but when it comes to her, I feel like I should protect her.

She sighed then smiled, perplexing me "It was Amelia, she was waiting in my dorm to 'teach me a lesson'. Don't worry, you should go see her though, she's in the hospital wing. I'm only scared that I might get suspended or worse expelled if she tells to Headmaster."

I chuckled, but I was very proud of her. "I'll make sure she doesn't say anything, and yes the offer still stands." I said.

"Well then Tom, may I have the pleasure of being your fake girlfriend?" she offered. She asked me in a dramatic tone.

"Shut up and let's clean up your wounds."