26 ~ TRIGGER

She was about to mouth an apology because she's losing hope that she wouldn't be able to make it to the Top 5, but right before she mouthed, La Carlota was called by the host.

Parang siyang nabingi sa sobrang ingay at gulo ng mga nanonood. Sigurado siyang hindi 'yon galing lang sa mga taga Sitio Verde. Pakiramdam niya ay mas marami ang sumusuporta sa kanya kahit mga hindi taga La Carlota.

"I knew that! I knew that!" one of the female host said and laughed.

"The crowd was insane!" the other one was shaking her head but with a smile.

"Now, we are down to the Top 5. Let's start the Question and Answer."

Limang babae silang nakatayo roon. At sa totoo lang, hindi pa nga rin pumapasok sa isip niya na nasa Top 5 na siya at nag uumpisa nang tanungin ang unang kandidata.

Charlotta pray silently. Hoping that she could answer the question with meaning and without stuttering. The third candidate was called and the question from another judge was given.

"Coming in, Miss La Carlota!"

Every time she was called, the crowd always turned into an amazing chaos.

"Hello, Charlotta, how do you feel right now?"

"I'm grateful that I made it here."

"Who's your role model and why?" the host ask, but it was not the question yet.

The hosts asked other candidates too with random questions before they turned into the real one from the judges.

"I admired Fauna Almendarez so much," when she said the with a smile, the people clap and searched for where is the woman.

"Oh, Madame Fauna is sitting behind the judges," the host.

"Every little thing about her is admirable. It was not her face that made her incredibly beauteous, but what's inside her heart. She glows beautifully because her heart is pure and golden," her tone almost broke because she gets too emotional already.

"That's a sweet words from you."

"Can I get this opportunity to thank her in front of everyone here? Because I don't think I'd would be able to do it later because we wouldn't know who gonna win the crown. I better take this chance."

"Sure. Sure!" the host is very kind.

"Tita, I am really, really grateful because I have you since the beginning of all of these. Hindi ko po alam kung saan ako dadalhin ng mga paa ko kung wala ka sa tabi ko. Hindi ko po mararating ang lahat ng ito kung hindi mo hinawakan ang mga kamay ko at dinala sa landas na ito. I didn't expect that someone like me is going to be a part of your life and your family. Your acceptance, love and understanding is what made me whole as a younger girl who was dreaming to have a better and brighter future someday. You gave me so much hope and inspiration. You have no idea that you were able to fill the missing piece that my mother left inside my heart."

Charlotta's eyes watered and she really tried her best not to cry, but when she saw Fauna Almendarez wiping her own tears, her heart felt like it melt, then her tears rolled down her cheek too.

Di bale nang masira ang make ups niya. Di bale nang may magalit o magsabing over acting sila, o kaya ay ang drama niya. Ang mahalaga ay nasabi niya sa harap ng maraming tao kung gaano kabuti ang puso ni Fauna Almendarez.

The crowd went silent and she noticed they are affected too. Ang iba ay nagpupunas din ng mga luha. Ang iba ay nagpapalakpakan.

Charlotta smiled at the beautiful woman beside Grego. Mabuti na lang at naroon ang kasintahan niya para aluin ang ina na naging sobrang emosyonal din dahil sa nangyari.