When La Carlota called on the stage, Charlotta walked confidently with a genuine smile for the judges and viewers. Ni hindi niya na marinig ang malakas na tibok ng puso niya dahil sa kaguluhan at hiyawan ng mga tao noong tinawag ang lugar na nakalagay sa kanyang sash.

She stood in front of the microphone and started to deliver her short speech meaningfully.

"Despite of the peacefulness and the beauty of Sitio Verde—the place where I came from, I've witnessed how everyone around me struggle not only to survive the everyday lives but also the savagery of the people outside our sanctuary. As a victim of bullying, I'd want to use my voice to spread positivity and respect to our youth."

Charlotta was contented with her introduction message even though the crowd was wild and loud. Kahit pa gano'n, alam niya naman na narinig ng mga hurado ang mensahe niya.

Hindi na magkandamayaw ang mga kandidata sa sobrang abala. Pagkatapos niyang isuot ang swimsuit, inayos niya naman ang buhok at mukha niya. She wasn't paying attention anymore to other people around her because she's too occupied to make her own glam.

After the swimsuit competition, the judges will choose the Top 5. Then evening gown, that's when they choose the top 3. The last part is Question and Answer to know who will be bring home the crown and will represent the Negros Occidental in Binibining Pilipinas.

"Miss La Carlota!" the host called her and the crown went wild again.

Charlotta perfectly do her pasarela. She memorized every step, every smile, every glance at the judges, that her coach taught her.

"Terra Charlotta Ciervo was raised by her grandmother at the top of the hill of Sitio Verde—where the children doesn't have the privilege to go to school. Through her dedication and patience, she was able to finished her study despite of her living situation and status in life. Joining the beauty pageants turned out to be her passion by the thought of helping her community, especially the children to be inspired and to prioritize their studies."

The host was speaking while she's doing her ramp. One more glance at the judges, her eyes went through behind them.

There, she saw the proud and stunning, Fauna Almendarez. Beside her is Grego, who's clapping his hand, a very supportive boyfriend. Nang tumili sina Chantria at Yusef sa tabi ng mga ito, natawa si Fauna.

The top 4 was called and Charlotta couldn't really control the fast beating of her heart. Kahit pa sobrang kabado na dahil hindi pa siya natatawag, sinikap niya pa rin itaas ang noo at magbigay ng magandang ngiti.

Isinisigaw na ng mga tao ang pangalan niya at ang La Carlota na tawagin. She can imagine the sadness on their face once the host didn't call her.

Para bang lahat nang pinaghirapan niya ay mawawalan ng saysay kung hindi siya makakapasok kahit sa Top 5 man lang. Magagaling at talagang pinaghandaan ng mga kandidata ang araw na 'yon. Katulad niya, naghirap din ang mga ito para lang maging perpekto ang performance sa gabing 'yon.

It felt like she couldn't afford the disappointment that she could give to Fauna Almendarez and her team. Kahit pa sabihin ng mga ito na ayos lang kung hindi niya makuha ang korona, mas masaya pa rin kung siya ang mananalo. Marami pang beauty pageants ang pwede niyang salihan, iyon ang palaging sinasabi sa kanya.

Charlotta's eyes went to Fauna again. Tila ba kanina pa ito nakatingin sa kanya at naghihintay lang magbigay siya ng atensyon dito kahit papano.

The warm smile from Grego's mother gave a little pain inside her chest for some reason. Dahil alam niya na kahit hindi siya manalo sa gabing 'yon, bagamat malulungkot ito, sigurado pa rin siya na bukal sa puso pa rin siya nitong tatanggapin at uulit-ulitin na suportahan.