I'm Just Getting Started

Start from the beginning

The longer I sat there, the more apparent my new plan became. I'm tired of waiting and investigating, now I'm acting. 

Now I'm the one coming for them and they better be ready. 

"What could you possibly have to tell us that couldn't wait," Elizabeth rolls he eyes, crossing her arms. 

"There's no point in dragging this out," I say, sitting up straight. "You're both fired."

"Excuse me," Stephan exclaims, a cold and deadly look on his face. "What are you talking about?"

I turn to look over at my mother who looks pale, completely taken aback by my words. I can't help but feel pleased by their reactions. 

"Fired, you're both fired," I repeat. "I didn't think I stuttered or whispered." 

"You have no right," Stephan argues, his voice raised. He looks like a little injured dog acting out, fear evident on his face. 

"Do you remember that one day we saw each other at Toxic?" I ask as if I'm recalling a fond memory. "I was Lydia and you were wearing a hoodie, being a complete asshole about the whole Alisson slept with Luis topic. You remember?"

He's glaring at me, his entire body shaking with anger, but he doesn't answer. My mother still stands slightly behind him looking pale and scared. 

Mhm, I excepted a bigger reaction from her. I'm a little disappointed in her, to be honest, but what can we do? 

"You said something along the lines of," I smile before I begin mocking his voice. "I can crush you. . .Or was it I can have your mother crush you? After jail, my memory is just not what it use to be."

"Get to the point," he says and I know he remembers the night I'm talking about. 

"I told you that my dad had picked you up from the gutter and made you what you are," I stand up, my tone of voice harsh. "And that I, as his older daughter and owner of his company, can pick you right back up and throw you back to that trash bin you crawled out of." 

"You're going to regret this," he says moving towards me. 

"I also said," I smirk. "That you could shove your threats up your ass. Now get out." 

"You have no idea what you're doing," he scoffs. "or what you're meddling in Abrelle. . . Elizabeth, knock some sense into her."

We both turn to look at Elizabeth, but she's just standing there looking as pale as ever. 

"Aren't you going to say something?" Stephan asks her and she nods.

"Let me talk to her alone," she says and I can tell she's trying to get herself together. 

"Fine," he says before storming out of the office, slamming my door shut behind him. 

"Make it quick," I sit down as I arrange some papers on my desk, attempting to look busy. "I have more important things to do Elizabeth." 

"Abrelle," she takes a seat across from me, her face regaining some color. "You need to think this through, do you want another problem?"

"Are you threatening me?" I scoff. "Seriously, Elizabeth? Are you stooping that low?"

"No," she shakes her head looking around the office nervously. "You just need to think about this better, sleep on it, and then maybe tomorrow you'll come up with a better decision." 

What is she talking about? And what the hell is she looking for?

"I'm good," I say. "I don't need to think about it, you're both fired."

"Fine," she says and she starts writing something down on a note. "Your calendar was booked for all week, I'm just making note of your important meetings. Please take a look at them, it's urgent." 

I look at her completely confused, I checked my calendar earlier in the week and I only had one meeting. 

She hands me the note and I look down reading the words. 

We can't talk here, they're listening to us. 
Meet me behind Tina's bakery in 30 minutes.  

I don't miss a beat before nodding at the words and folding the paper. 

"Great," I say keeping my voice cold and distant. "If that's all, you're dismissed. I want your desk cleared out as soon as possible."

"You're impossible," she growls before storming out of the office, slamming the door behind her. 

Now, I'm more confused than I've ever been. Who are they? And why did they bug my office?

 And why would my mother, of all people, tell me? 

A/N: Another update! I'm really trying to finish the book this time without taking soooooo long to update you all lol 

Hope you enjoyed this chapter! 

QOTC: What do you think Abrelle's mother is going to tell her?