Chapter Nine: The Party

Start from the beginning

"Like what?"

Victor huffed. "Like how you call me."

Ellie seemed to be hiding a smirk. "Which is?"

Victor groaned. "Stop messing around, Ellie."

Finally, Ellie let out a chuckle. "But your names are like born from one another! So twinny!" Slipping a hand into the crook of his, she steered him into the hall and amidst the bustling people. "Everyone is talking about the chemistry between you two. The way you were in front of the camera—damn, you guys give off the couple vibes—"

Victor's body went stiff. "There's no such thing between us. I just tried my best and did not want to ruin everyone's hard work because of me."

Ellie nudged his side with her elbow. "I did not know your best attempts at acting could look so award-worthy."

Victor just grumbled.

"Why have you become so grumpy since we met that nice girl?" As they took two drinks, Ellie inquired.

"Who nice girl?"

Irritated that he wasn't getting her words quickly, Ellie tsked. "Well, I'm talking about Vicks girl."

"Because she's anything but a nice girl," Victor replied cunningly. "And stop calling her that!"

"Argh, seriously, what is your problem if I call her that?"

"I told you I don't like the similarity," Victor said indignantly. "An uncomplicated person like you's unable to see that she's a snake hidden behind the mask of a bird. I would suggest, Ellie," he paused to gulp down the entire drink in his hand angrily. "You forget about that newly formed, completely unnecessary friendship with her. Trust me."

Ellie pinned Victor with a scowl of suspicion, "And you wouldn't still tell me the reason why you dislike her so much, will you?"

Entirely disregarding her question, Victor looked away toward the stage where a girl named Julie Irish from Chimera agency started her duty leading the program. Orland and Victor were called on stage and appreciated for how both of their companies jumped into problem-solving in the most unique and intelligent ways during the entire filming process.

The flashes of cameras were a bit blinding at times. Although it was irritating, Victor was ecstatic about Wishing Star getting such massive media coverage for the first time. It would definitely prove to be a great marketing advantage.

"So, now," Julie said. "We're going to watch the finished project for the first time together at the same time as the entire country also watches it."

Victor and Orland moved to stand next to Julie as she clicked her fingers, and the lights dimmed.

"Five, four, three..."

A countdown led toward the airing moment of the advertisement. The large screen on the stage wall lit up, and the ad started. People clapped, celebrating the moment.

Discreetly, Victor looked around. That impossible woman had still not arrived.

What an indisciplined spoilt kid!

As everyone had come up fairly close to the stage now, the space after the elevators was vacant behind them.

Victor had moved his face to the side to cough into a tissue when a  flash of pink caught the corners of his eyes. He glanced properly toward the figure moving closer, then did a double take.

The lace knee-length figure-hugging dress with three-quarter sleeves was a baby pink that enhanced her natural beauty. Her eyelashes were curled and accentuated. Even her hair looked different—better than when they got beautified by the make-up artist for the filming. On her supple skin, the light from the screen reflected like wonder.