XVII

Troye

23.03.15

1:50 p.m.

"TROYE!" I hear a familiar voice scream. I open my eyes and rub them with my hands. I blink twice and see a Tyler Oakley kneeling down in front of me with worry in his eyes. "Are you okay?"

"This patient was caught running around the hallways without his nurse. He ran into your room without permission. I checked and there was no nurse with him at all," the man who took me here says.

"Troye, we're going to have a talk later," Dr. Winston tells me. I don't look at him, though. I was too focused on Tyler and wondering if he was alright or not.

"Troye, are you okay?" He repeats. I blink again and look at Tyler. I then nod as in "yes."

"Yes, I am fine. Are you okay? Why are you in here?" I ask with anxiety in my voice.

"Yeah, I'm fine. It's just that..." Tyler looks behind him and see Dr. Winston glaring at him.

"Don't say it," he threatens Tyler. "Or I will choose your fate." Fate? What fate? Did Tyler make a deal with him? Does it threaten to hurt me? Or him? What if it was just a scandal? Or a blackmail?

"Fate?" I ask, still worried.

"It's... It's nothing, Troye. We were just talking about whether I should eat this type of cereal or another. It's my fate." I knew he was lying. I could hear it in his voice. I've been here long enough to know who was lying and who wasn't. And I've known Tyler for a while already to know if he was actually lying or not.

"Okay? Um, also, why am I here?"

"Oh, yeah! I just needed to talk to you. Tyler, you can go now." The man who took me took Tyler to take him to his cell. I was left alone with Dr. Winston. I look up at him, scared for life.

"Today's going to be a fun day, isn't it, mate?" Dr. Winston says. He forces me up and guides me over towards a chair. "Sit down," he tells me. I obey his command and I sit down. He then sits down in another chair in front of a desk that was in front of me. I didn't notice the desk separating us before. Probably because I was too focused on Tyler and nothing around us.

"Why do you need to talk to me? Do you just want to give me a lecture on why I shouldn't run around this area? Because I won't listen. I don't give one fuck, or two, or five-hundred fucks. In fact, I give no fucks on what you're about to say."

"Actually, you will give a fuck on what I'm about to say." He pauses for a moment to clear his throat. Then, he stares at me dead in the eye. "Do you want to get out of this horrid place, Troye Sivan Mellet?"

I sit up straight in my chair and look at Dr. Winston. This must be serious. He has never used my full name. Ever. He always just called me Troye. I was kind of scared, to be honest. I do want to escape. Or get out. But with Tyler. I want to be with Tyler forever. I think he's the one. No one else. Just him. "What's the catch?"