Chapter Eight: Roll, Camera, Action

Start from the beginning

Victor, Ellie, Ben, and most of the others inched closer.

The dog, Ronco, chewed his toy wildly, sensing the rising tension.

Victoria's heart thumped wildly, realizing from the director's expression that something disastrous had indeed taken place.

"What happened?" Victor had his hands placed on his hips. "Will there be any filming today at all? I cannot keep on this disruptive atmosphere for my customers for too many days."

"Well, bad news then—there will be no filming today," Doyle exploded, throwing up his hands. "Their car got into an accident."

"What!"

"No!"

"Are they alright?" Among multiple exclamations of shock and panic, Victoria asked. For God's sake, there was a kid in that car.

Grabbing the hat from his head, Doyle began to fan himself. He was sweating profusely. "The injuries are not severe, nothing life-threatening. However, they will have to be at the hospital for the next three days at a stretch and forget about having them work in the next week at all. And when they come back to work after that, it will be with plasters, crutches, and bandages. The kid is miraculously the least hurt of them all."

Victoria let out a shuddering breath of relief. At least there was no threat to their lives.

When the most crucial worry was out of the way, her heart skipped a beat for the concern that would need an urgent solution right at this moment.

She sat down quietly on the cold floor with her knees bent before her as everyone prayed for the models' quick ailment. Then, just like she had guessed, a huge blast of chaos spread through both parties. A concrete deal was fixed between Chimera and the Wishing Star—that Chimera would shoot the advertisement in the Wishing Star premises in a week. Victor was right about the shoot creating an obstruction for his customers. Nevertheless, Chimera was currently in a tight spot, too.

"Oh, my God!" Ben shrieked after being frozen in shock for so long. "It is my first day as a production assistant, and there's such a disaster. What if everyone thinks I'm a bad juju for the company and fires me from the job?" Holding his head, he took disheveled steps around in no particular direction and collapsed in time as a few people grabbed him.

After staring at Ben for an extended period with a blank face, Ellie turned toward Victoria, "How about hiring other models?" she suggested, which was the most normal suggestion during such a disaster.

"Orland's been trying to contact all the models, actors, and people he knows. He sent me a message already," Victoria replied, scrolling down her phone. "The problem is that it's an impossibly short notice for anyone to be available."

From the corner of her eyes, she saw Victor in a corner talking animatedly on the phone with someone—it was Orland, perhaps, she guessed.

Despite people sprinkling water on his face, Ben was still unconscious. A different sort of chaos was taking place around him.

Ronco had come up with his owner following him and licked all over his face.

"I think we need to take him to a hospital," Victoria commented, looking worried.

"No need, we have a new employee who can easily fix this," Ellie said before she ordered a staff, "Bring Miku fast."

So, an innocent-looking guy named Miku was soon presented on the scene.

Ellie crooked a finger and moved it back and forth to gesture to him to step closer. Miku did so nervously.

"Open a shoe," Ellie commanded.