12 | pure torture

Start from the beginning

But now it warms the house, making it feel alive rather than cold and dead like it feels most days.

Too busy with work. Too busy spending time at the warehouse. Too busy arguing with our partners.

As I make my way downstairs and loop into the kitchen, my eyes are drawn to the three of them standing around the counter all drinking an alcoholic drink of some kind. Alexia's back is to me, my eyes fixating on the cobalt blue tight dress she's wearing.

It outlines every curve, line and bone in her body. Matched with a pair of sleek black high heels, elongating her smooth golden tan legs

I inhale a sharp breath as I glance over her ass that is poking through the fabric of her dress, hugging it to perfection. Holy fuck. My cock twitches against the zipper of my trousers.

"Lonzo," Gabriel says, startling me. I snap my eyes away from Alexia and turn to face him. "Finally, you're ready."

"Yeah," I nod, catching my breath after feeling like I've been winded.

When I walk towards the counter, Alexia flicks her dark curly hair over her shoulder and takes one glance at me. She pushes up from the kitchen island and I get an eyeful of the front of her dress, those dark mysterious eyes that are framed by long, thick lashes.

I thought I'd like seeing her far more from the back–I'm sick I know–but Goddamn, her angelic crafted face that I know possesses characteristics of the devil inside. So fucking intoxicating that I don't want her to stay away.

Intoxicating yet beautiful. Beautiful?

Alexia tears her eyes from me as if she didn't even notice me standing here and something inside my chest is left hollow.

"Eli is waiting outside for us," Gabriel mutters before downing the last of his whiskey. "Better head out, we said we'd be there ten minutes ago."

My eyes still haven't removed themselves from Alexia, I probably shouldn't be staring at her in the presence of her brother but I can't help myself. A part of me churns knowing that almost every guy inside the club will be doing the same thing I am.

As we leave the house I follow my gaze of Alexia's body because she refuses to look at me. I haven't even said happy birthday to her but it's obvious she doesn't want to talk to me because of the security camera business.

Maybe I crossed a line. But I don't care. I needed her to stop acting like she runs this town and I got what I wanted, although now everything seems off when she's not there to bother me, to challenge me.

Surely I'm going out of my mind to want her silly distractions.

Cazzo. I'm definitely going crazy.

We climb into the car and Eli drives us into town. I presume Gabriel booked Nexus because it's the best club near us and we know the people who own it pretty well.

I listen to Jace, Gabriel and Alexia giggle away like teenagers in the back, reminiscing about their past nights out. When they took Alexia out for her eighteenth birthday, they purposely avoid talking about their night out the other day for Jace's own sake.

When we get out of the car, Gabriel holds the door open for Alexia and helps her out as she steps onto the pavement. I can't keep my eyes off those silky legs, how would they feel wrapped around my head?

Wait... what?

I grind my teeth into my jaw and glance down as we head inside, being met with bassy music that echoes off the walls, bright colourful lights that flick across the open gallery room.