Mine.

Huey's POV

   I woke up and looked at my alarm clock "ten...  TEN? SHIT-" I jumped out of bed and rushed to get ready for school. I had to pick out my hair while I was walking to school, only after having to sneak past Granddad. I'm not getting beat at my big age.

  I got to school and signed in, walking to my 2nd period. Ameera looked up at me and waved. I handed my pass to the teacher and sat next to Meera. She smiled and rubbed my shoulder. "Hey Hue boo, are you o-" I slumped my shoulders and rested my head on her chest. "I'm... so so tired. good morning my love.." she rubbed my back and nodded "I took your notes for history today. We're not doing anything in this class so you can sleep.." I hugged her and kissed her jaw bone. "I'm okay, I'm just resting my eyes..."

  An hour and a half later, I woke up and rubbed my eyes. "Hi Rara.." everyone was packing up and she stared at me. "You were 'resting your eyes' for a HOT MINUTE." I smiled "you love me though.." she sighed "you're absolutely correct. do you want a kiss?" I nodded and she kissed me. I packed my book bag and the bell rang. We left and I went to my AP African American history class.

  After school, I was walking with Riley, Jazmine, Caesar, and Ameera. They were being too quiet and I didn't like that. Usually I'd be in heaven but, it's too quiet and they look suspicious. "SO what'd y'all do this weekend?" they all started talking and then they stopped again. SO they're acting suspicious because they're being bad.. I nodded "Well. Riley, what'd you do this weekend?" he smirked.

"Uhhhhh not much. Just.. Chilling." I nodded and looked at him suspiciously, everyone's a suspect. "You was with that girl.." he bit his lip "maybe." I looked at Caesar "What'd you do this weekend?" him and Jazmine looked at each other. "Uuuh.. I hung out wit Jaz for a little bit and I had work. So." I blinked "Well Jazmine-" she giggled. "Uhm. Well I hung out with Caesar and I went shopping." Ameera smirked at me "They was fucking--!" we laughed and Caesar pushed me "We didn't!! We got caught." My eyes widened "oh, we're being serious?" Riley laughed at me "Everybody got pussy but you- AH HA!"

Ameera raised an eyebrow at him. "You.. what?"  then she started being dramatic "mY BABYYYYYY NOOOOO! YOUR INNOCENCE!" he laughed "yo Rara! CUT THAT OUT MANE!!" he turned to me and I was just staring at him. Busted.

  Riley stopped and cleared his throat. "Uh.. I gotta go." I shook my head "I should snitch.." he pouted "Huey! Stop snitching! I'm sorry--!" Ameera pouted "Don't tattle on my baby." I rolled my eyes "That boy is fifteen years old." she stared at me "Freeman." I pouted "fine. I'm sorry." she hugged me "Thank you." Caesar giggled "It's okay Ameera, he's just jealous." I rolled my eyes "Mane, ain't nobody jealous."

  Ameera smirked at me "let's go to my place, you won't have a reason to be jealous anymore." I raised my eyebrow suspiciously and she winked. She just needed them to stop trying to clown on me. The fact they care more about this than I do is crazy, in my opinion. I'm never that desperate for some coochie bro, not even Meera's.

  She looked at me and I nodded "okayy... Let's go." and we walked off in the direction of her house. I held her hand and smiled "Pretty girl?" she looked at me "Yes?" I looked at her "I love you.." she giggled "Say it again?" I stopped and cupped her face. "Ameera... I love you." she smiled and kissed me. "I love you too!" I hugged her "You got me letting my guard down." she nodded "Baby, you don't think you got me doing the same?" I shook my head "We gotta stay focused."

  We went to her house and she took her shoes off as soon as she walked into the door. "What do you want to eat?" I just followed her lead and we went to the kitchen. "Uhh. I dunno." she nodded "We're eating nachos." I sat on a stool at the counter. "Okay." she made the nachos and put them in the oven. Then she went to the living room and I followed her again. I don't know why I'm being so weird and I don't know why I feel so.. nervous? Yeah, I don't like that. She leaned on me and kissed my jawline. I smiled and looked down at her. She kissed my lips and hugged me. I held her close and got all cozy then the oven's timer went off so she walked away. I was sad. I am too clingy. At my big grown age I'm sad my girlfriend walked away from me, that is pathetic.

  I turned the channel to literally anything else because I don't know what white people movie we're watching, some weird Hallmark movie and Hallmark plus my eyes don't mix well. But then I remembered there's nothing good on cable so I just turned to the news. Nothing interesting was on though, the best news is at 8, 6, and 11. I just continued watching the news and Ameera came back with a pan of nachos and a smile on her face. "Here you go, pudding pop." she sat next to me and smiled. "when do you wanna go home?" I looked at her "Honestly? Never. I can't wait until we're married so we don't ever have to be apart again.."

I don't know what the hell is wrong with me right now. I wish I could tell you- hell, I wish I could tell myself. I think what we're witnessing is attachment issues at their finest. But what could've caused my desire to be attached to Ameera at the hip? It couldn't possibly be being forced to move half way across the country and not seeing her for an entire decade, then feeling like I missed out on her life and not wanting to miss anything else.

  Well, unless this is what incarcerated parents feel when they get out. I don't like feeling like this.

Ameera is like a drug. Baltimore was like my rehab. Some how my drug got into my rehab facility. I was in withdrawal for 10 years but, now, I finally get to rebound. No wonder there's so many druggies on the street...