reunited

Ameera's POV

  After school, I took a bath and got dressed in this sweat suit to go to the Freeman's house. After I finished getting ready, I started walking to the address Huey sent me. "Timid deer lane is crazy..." I got to their house and knocked on the door.

  Riley opened it and smiled at me "Hey Ra-ra!!! Oo, you have to meet my girlfriend, Cindy." He pulled me inside to the living room and they was this white girl in there, she looked like a stud to be honest but that's just me. She looked at me and waved "What uuup! I'm C-Murph!" I waved back "I'm Ameera, nice to meet you."

  I turned to Riley and smirked "You got a lil girlfriend, oooo~" he covered his face in embarrassment "Not too much before I tell Huey what you told me before we left." Huey came up behind me "Nah, go ahead and tell me." I glared at Riley "really nigga." I stared and Riley gulped "That's for her to say. Not me. Luh you doe, Huey. No homo. Yous a real nigga fah real!" He backed up to the sofa.

I turned around and smiled awkwardly "Hi Huey.." he smirked "What'd you tell Riley." I stuffed my hands in my pockets and looked down "It was seven years ago, why do you care?" He grabbed my chin and lifted my head up "Because I wanna know and I care about you." Riley cheered him on from the couch "RIZZ HER UP, HUEY!" He stared at him "mind your business, Riley." I smiled and he looked back at me "Can you tell me? Please Ra-ra?"

  This took me back to when Huey left in the first place. I was going to tell him I loved him.  We were sitting in front of our apartment complex while Granddad got the last of their stuff into their car so they could go to the airport.

  "Hey Huey?" I looked at him and he tried smiling a little bit. His eyes were red from crying though. I looked down "I uh.." I looked down as tears started forming in my eyes again. My bestfriend's parents died and now he's leaving me.  I couldn't help but want to cry, my other half was being taken from me.

  "I kinda..." he sighed "spit it out, Ameera. I'm about to leave and we're never going to see each other ever again. Just tell me." I started crying again and he did too. "Don't leave me, Huey!" He side hugged me and looked away "don't make me cry again.. I can do that at the airport." We chuckled a little and he wiped my tears. I sniffed and shivered a little "it's cold out here."

  He wrapped his scarf around me and smiled "Keep it. You were begging me for it anyways.." I hiccuped "I love you, Huey Freeman." He shook his head and wiped my tears again "You don't mean that. I don't think at this age we can't truly know what love means or what it feels like. I think you are the second most..." he sighed and started again. "You're the most gorgeous girl walking the planet right now. I think you're amazing and perfect and I love the idea of loving you. But I'm never going to see you after this and so I have to let that go and that makes me want to let go of the idea of loving anyone the way I'd love you. You are in my life for a reason and although I can wish I'll see you again, I don't know if that's going to come true. But I'll wait and I'll wish. I adore you, Meera. I really do. I just wish I had more time-"

  Granddad came over "Huey! I know you're angry with me and the world and whatever but we have to go! I'm sorry..." I stood up "I'll walk with you." Granddad walked away and Huey stood up "I'mma miss you, Ra-ra. I really will..." I started tearing up again "this is really it?" He brushed my hair behind my ear and kissed my cheek like we always did.

  "In another life. Hopefully this one but if not, another life. If you believe in that. Fate and such. The universe can't keep me from you forever if it does have any power. I'm gonna..miss you so much-" he hugged me and I started crying again. "Please don't leave me..." he looked up "don't make me cry again Ameera. I have to go! I'm so sorry..." he let go and I nodded. "I'm gonna find you, Huey.." he nodded "I wish you the best of luck, my dear. Until we meet again."

  And just like that, he was gone. My other half,my bestfriend, and the love of my life was hundreds of miles away.

  I looked at Huey and smiled "All I told him was I love you. This was before you guys moved." He shivered and looked down. "Looks like you did find me." I smiled "I told you I would! God, everytime I look at your face I wanna cry..." he smiled "I guess the universe really can't keep us apart." I hugged him tight and then Granddad came down the steps.

  "Hey Huey! Hey.. you look awfully familiar." I chuckled "It's Ameera." His face softened "Oh hey cutie pie!" He hugged me. I hugged back and pat his back. "It's nice seeing you again. Even though you took my best friend and dipped" he sighed "The past is in the past, baby. You're back together now!"

  Riley smirked "Huey's gonna be Ameera's boyfriend!" I smiled and covered my face "Hush child" Huey bit his lip "You wanna come upstairs?-- Caesar's in there!" I nodded "sure.." we went upstairs to his room where Caesar was on the bed playing Xbox. We sat down and Huey looked at me.

  "You haven't changed a bit." I nodded "you didn't either!" He smiled "but I did. You didn't see it because you make me... me again." Caesar looked back at us "This is the most he's smiled since I moved here. Seven years ago. Huey was just a ball of genius but he was mean and cold.. not like this at all." Huey rolled his eyes "I'm not mean, I'm honest. But he's  not lying. When I lost you, I lost everything. So I apologize if I was a little cold Caesar. I'm sorry if I pushed you away a little, buddy." Caesar nodded "preciate it, Chicago."

  I smiled and hugged him, I just didn't want to let him go ever again. "Hey Ra-ra, I never got to do this back in Chicago." He leaned down and kissed me softly.  I smiled and he pulled away. "I just felt like I needed that closure." I was smiling uncontrollably and he looked at me. "You needed that too, huh?" I nodded "I waited years for that." He hugged me. "I'm almost eighteen now so, I'm never leaving you again..."