007

༉‧₊˚ HASTA LA RAÍZ. ❀ ༉‧₊˚.
❪ ━━━━ chapter seven ! ❫

01.11.22 • tuesday

"GUESS WHO" I said covering drew's eyes form being in my tippy toes. Thats what I get for being 5'6" and Drew being 6'2". "Is it josie?" He said and I let go and smiled as he turned around

"I brought homemade cookies and horchata i made" I said smiling holding up the container of cookies and jar of horchata. "I am making momma jodie's casserole" he said and i smiled.

"how was shooting?" I asked him as he was doing a show for prime. "Good" he said and I nodded my head okay. "Okay so where should we rent the movie?" Drew said taking the casserole out the oven.

"Rent?" I questioned and he nodded his head. "It's not on Netflix and on prime to rent" Drew said and I giggled smiling at him.

"What's funny?" He said confused. "Perks of being everyone's favorite niece means log in to everything" I said pulling my iPad out and showing him all the streaming sites.

"that's hot" he said winking and giggled. "Why thank you" I said smiling. "Is that you?" Drew said pointing at the little girl in a photo.

"Yup me, priscilla and my sister" I said smiling at the photo. "That's my best girl, uncle got her when I was six and been with me ever since" I said smiling.

"Thought you had a chihuahua?" He asked me and I nodded my head yes. I have chihuahua named pia I got in 2013 and Priscilla is my uncles dog he got in 2009.

After we talked and ate some late lunch, early dinner, the sun started to set. "Wanna watch the sunset on the roof?" Drew asked me and I smiled nodding my head yes.

He told me to grab the giant blanket because it was windy outside. I nodded my head picking it up from the couch and he opened the door. "After you martinez" he said and smiled walking through the door.

"Thank you starkey" I said as we walked up to the staircase. We went up 2 flights of stairs and made it to the roof. "Over here" he said motioning me to follow him. It was a little spot in the corner with a bench.

"Did you put this here?" I asked him as he sat down and patted next to him. "No found it one day and I usually come here to clear my thoughts" he said as I sat down next to him.

I fixed the blanket to cover us both. "It's a beautiful view" i said smiling. We sort of stayed out there watching the sunset and talking about the random stuff.

"I am trying, but I know i am gonna straighten my hair because of the humidity" I said as we talked about natural curls.

"But I did by a satin pillow case to help minimize frizz so" I said giggling and he chuckled. We then talked about work life and I talked about school.

Once the sun finished setting we walked back to his apartment. I had the blanket illy wrapped around me that when I sat on the couch Drew chuckled at me.

"Laugh all you want i am very cozy" i said smiling at him. He turned the tv and I unwrapped myself so we could share the blanket again.

I logged in and out my profile so we could the conjuring movie. We sat in complete darkness with cookies watching the movie.

It was pretty good. Once we finished, ems texted me if i was gonna be home soon. I told her yes and I got up. "I have to go" i said making a sad face as he stood up infront of me.

"You could always stay the night" he said smiling and I smiled. "Love to but sadly i have volunteer work tomorrow at the hospital at 7:30 in the morning" i said making a sad face once again.

"Well you better get some rest if you are going to handle medicine and poke people" he said smirking as we walked out to my car.

"Still don't get how you hate needles but want to be a nurse" he said shaking his head chuckling. "Says everyone but the needle isn't going in me so it's okay" i said smiling.

Drew touched my nose with his finger as i scrunched my nose. He held my head in his hands and gave me a forehead kiss. I melted completely.

"Drive safe and text when you get home" he said smiling and I nodded my head yes. I got in my car and drove home. Once I arrived, I texted I made it home safe which he responded with good.

"Smiley josie"ems said and I sighed. "How was it with Drew you falling for him yet?" Caro asked as I plopped down on the couch in between the two.

"I think i am falling for him like hard" I said smiling as I glanced at the two. "you are so into him! you love him" ems said dragging out the word love.

"He seems to make you happy, maybe even genuine happiness like Diego did" caro said smirking. "I think he does caro, but idk ems what even is love" i said looking at ems.

"What do you mean what is love? You are a total hopeless romantics girl" she said looking at me. I sighed. It's true, I am hopeless romantic lover. Always have been but honestly what is love.

"I just don't know what genuine love feels like or looks besides in movies" i said looking at ems, "oh and what Diego taught me while we were together" i added.

"Diego didn't cheat or anything he truly loved you, he still loves you it's obvious but you two grew apart in careers and that's okay" caro said pulling me into a hug.

"You still cheer him on, watch every single one of his games no matter where we are and he watches your performances and congratulates you all the time" she added and I smiled.

"Ik and love him for it" i said smiling. "If your scared he's gonna be some guy like your dad is don't" caro said looking at me.

"Yeah don't know much about ur dad other than you hate him but Drew seems like a good guy and I'm sure the Maddie's will even tell you that" ems added.

"My dad cheated and lied to my family about cheating but my mom never did much. They'd fight one night and kiss the next day like nothing happen" I said to ems opening up a bit more about daddy issues to her.

"Well you aren't your parents" ems said making a good point. "Just don't worry okay" caro said and I smiled nodding my head okay.