Special Episode 11 - Dark Radiance

Start from the beginning

"You want to laze about," Xander countered. "I am the one striving to actually get stronger."

"Well, you overeat," Alex said. "We need moderation, too... We certainly eat more than our bodies use up from training..."

"If only because you have to get some of it."

"It goes to the same—"

"Ah, ah," Mother went on, gently patting both of them on the head. The Hydreigon continued, "How about we avoid fighting for the rest of the day, hm? Speak gently to each other."

"Yes, Mother," Alex said.

"Fine," Xander relented.

And once again, through Mother's peace talks, the two heads set up a truce until morning.

<><><>

But they had one last thing to do before allowing their day to end. When they were certain that Mother and Father were asleep, Alex and Xander carefully and silently tiptoed their way outside, following lifelong, known paths through their abode and out the door. The wind blew gently and the leaves rustled, masking their steps perfectly. They knew this path well.

Once they were far enough away, they sniffed the air. It was yet another miniature competition to determine where she was.

This time, Alex won. "My side," he said, taking control of their legs to march onward.

"I smelled her, too," Xander protested, wresting control to march the same way and through a few branches. "Hey, psst... You there?"

She giggled in response, and once they broke through the bushes, they entered a clearing and tackled the source. Her skin was soft and her dress was elegantly smooth as ever. A Gardevoir.

"Found me again," she said, running a hand along both their cheeks.

"Hey, Evelyn," they both said dreamily, leaning into her hands.

"Want to go to the hill?" Evelyn asked.

"Yeah!"

They happily ran through the clearing and past a few bushes. Evelyn occasionally stumbled over bushes, so they let her ride on their back again.

Once they reached the apex of a hill in an open patch of land, Alex and Xander crouched down and let Evelyn dismount. The air always smelled fresher here, just beyond the forest where everything sounded clear and distant.

Evelyn flattened herself against the grass and rolled next to the Zweilous, who lay belly-down.

"It's such a beautiful night," Evelyn said.

"Yeah..." They leaned against her. Xander tried to wrap his head around Evelyn's shoulders, while Alex nuzzled her cheek. She giggled either way, scratching both of them under their chins.

Xander nudged her. "Not as beautiful as you, though."

"Oh, stop!" Evelyn giggled.

"It's the only reason we come out," Alex added.

Evelyn signed, content, between their two heads.

"So?" Xander asked in a little whisper. "Want to do something else tonight?"

Alex felt their heart fluttering. And Evelyn seemed just as receptive, her touch against their heads a little slower.

"I don't think there's anything stopping us," she whispered back.

For the Zweilous and Gardevoir, the night went on for a while longer.

<><><>

The warmth of morning felt nice against Alex's scales. He was sure Xander thought the same. Even with that anxious feeling in his stomach, the sun helped to lighten his mood.