Hoseok stayed frozen there, mute.

However, Yoongi demanded an answer. He let out a deep, "Jung Hoseok."

Hoseok sighed heavily, defeated. His response was a little hushed, but Yoongi was able to hear him. "My parents are at odds. So, I have trouble with sleeping."

The tension in the elderly man's shoulders dissipated. When he heard the tone Hoseok used to express himself, his heart sank. He leaned quietly down on the bed, his back to Hoseok, and said, "lock the door."

Yoongi knew Hoseok did not expect it to be easy to get through this. Perhaps it was because he was confronting Min Yoongi. He would have to stay up all night relating the account of what happened at home if Amber or Seokjin were staying there that night.

The doorknob clinked against another metal to lock. The curtain hissed to cover the door. The shop had dimmed due to the loss of the brightness of a lamppost outside, leaving only one lamp lit at the cashier's desk.

Hoseok walked to his office swaying his legs, oblivious to Yoongi's curled figure on the rocking bed. He used the light from his phone to go through the dark path.

Yoongi opened his eyes to hear the hinge of a door winced, signing the possibility Hoseok had entered his office. One hand was bent beneath the side of his head, while the other was in between his bent legs. Now that Hoseok was under the same roof with him for one night, he couldn't help but think of Jiwoo, wondering how she was doing. How would Jiwoo react if she found out Hoseok slept here because their parents were fighting?

With a sigh, he curled up even more. He was hoping she was doing well, nonetheless.

Then he shut his eyes, mind filled with Jiwoo.

**********

The next morning, Hoseok was awakened by the muffled noises of people conversing. There was a noticeable shush from the outside followed by.

The hinges of the door squeaked. He pressed his eyes together before relaxing as someone entered the office. In the quiet office, soft pats between the tiles and the soles of human feet reverberated. When he heard a soft clap between a Styrofoam item and the table, he wondered what was on it. The sound of a click meant the lamp on the table had been turned off.

Then, he heard Jisoo softly telling him, "Hoseok, my brother bought you fish carp bread and black coffee."

Hoseok still pretended to sleep.

He heard Jisoo telling someone, "he's not waking up."

A deep hum from Seokjin. "Hmm. Leave him be."

"But the bread won't taste good when they get cold."

"It's okay. He can warm them up."

Another wincing noise from the door, signing the siblings had left. He waited a little longer to be sure they had gone any further. Slowly, he opened his eyes, allowing the sights of the familiar items on his office table to register. He sat up in a relaxed manner on the sofa.

He hadn't considered this way before, but had he been causing his friends any concern?

It was obvious because of all the deeds they had performed for him. When they went overboard - or so Hoseok thought - he got a little uncomfortable.

After some time, the current boss of Bejiwoo rose from his seat. He went closer to the table, letting out a soft sigh. He gave a glance at himself in the glassed sliding door of one of the shelves, noticing the glister thin layer of oil on his face. Remembering he had a bottle of face wash, a box of toothpaste, and a toothbrush on the shelf, he made a mental note to check if he had fresh pair of clothes in his care. The brown paper bag and the little cup drew his attention next.

Hoseok reminded himself that he needed to eat them quickly. He wasn't in the mood to share his breakfast with others. He shouldn't put too much faith in his team. If they saw or smelled food, they were like ravenous hyenas approaching the herbivorous - especially the younger staff.

Because the air conditioner was above his head, he assumed the cool air had cooled down the heat of the coffee. He sipped the coffee while pushing the tiny square cover into the cover's hole. He groaned and grimaced in response to the heat and bitterness, while another hand reached for the small packet of sugar alongside the brown paper bag.

Someone knocked on the office door as his other hand lifted to rip the paper pack. He shifted his gaze to see who it was. However, because the hoodie hem on his shoulder hindered his view, he ripped the pack open and hurriedly removed the cover before turning himself.

"Good morning, Hoseok," greeted Jisoo warm and soft.

"G-good morning." His hand automatically brought itself to the hem of the hoodie and covered his head.

"I forgot to give you the spoon." The girl extended her arms to pass her boss the spoon.

"Uh, yeah -" Hoseok snatched the spoon. "- thanks."

"You're welcome!" Jisoo replied with a wide smile.

Hoseok was about to turn around to face the table again, ready to get back to his coffee and sugar, when Jisoo returned to announce something. "Ah right, my brother wants you to go out with us and look for some goods."

Hoseok's eyes widened. He made a swift turn to look at the girl. "With who?" he asked.

"With me and Wheein."

As expected, his response was "tell your brother. No."

"He said he will smack you with his spatula if you say 'no'."

Hoseok gritted his teeth before exhaling a big sigh.

Spatula. Always with his spatula...

**********

In the end, Hoseok had to give in.

When they left the shop, he was in between Wheein and Jisoo. Despite the large gap he could use to relax, he kept squeezing himself. His tight expression was too clear.

Seokjin noticed that it was very evident and tense. Given the fact that he was aware of Hoseok's distress, he managed to grin and wave a hand at them, wishing his sister and friends good luck. "I'm sorry," he mumbled, still grinning, clenching his teeth and then, awkwardly chuckling.

Their driver was Jungkook. He was waiting for them in a nearby parking lot. He was also aware of his boss's discontent. He raced over to him and flung his arm around his boss's shoulder, but it only made him tense up more.

When Seokjin saw that, his smile faded almost instantly. "Jeon Jungkook!" he exclaimed.

Jungkook turned his head, and Hoseok followed suit.

Seokjin used his callused index finger, signing with a warning look to drop his arm off Hoseok.

The youngest members of the team immediately obeyed. He walked to the driver's seat with his head down and a pout, silently grumbling.

Hoseok frowned and shook his head. Seokjin just gave him a naive shrug before smiling and waving again.

His demeanor changed to deadpan as soon as the big car exited the parking lot. He dashed inside the premise, passing Jimin who was sitting at the counter and then turned his body to direct his feet to the interview room. Yoongi had already begun setting up the interview room by the time he arrived. He was setting down the artificial plant's vase to retrieve the red stool when the older asked, "the paper!"

Yoongi rose and took huge, rapid strides to the trash can, where he grabbed a crumpled piece of paper and tossed it to Seokjin.

Seokjin flattened the paper on the wall with his palm before racing out of the hallway, holding the slightly flattened paper. He went to the counter and asked Jimin for two short pieces of cello tape. Jimin pulled and tore two short cello tape and stuck them on the top of the elder's index and middle finger.

Before running back to the glass display to stick the notice paper, Seokjin checked the time on Jimin's phone. When he saw Yoongi walking by on his way to the pantry, he exclaimed, "phew, another long day is about to begin!"

Yoongi spoke something in hushed tones. "He's the first reason for ruining my day."