guitar

hello and welcome to this book:)  Writing is a thing I've just 'discovered' recently and I'm still trying to improve my writing skills so bear with me lmao- anyways have fun reading^^

tw: self harm

info: you're Nat's wife in this

word count: 2,4k

————

Third person view:

Music is always a thing that calms you down. If it's singing or playing an instrument, you don't care, it's your way of coping and expressing your feelings.

But a special place in your heart have german songs. If you sing or play them it's a special occasion, either you're extremely happy or the opposite-

You've never been a mentally stable person- you grew up in an abusive household in Germany and generally went through a lot. You struggled with self harm for years, but are now four month clean, the longest time you've ever managed to be. All of this with the help of Natasha, your wife, the love of your life. She is the only person that knows about your struggles and is the most understanding and caring person in the world.

So now you're here- on the balcony of your shared room, watching the sunset, with your guitar in your hands, fighting the urge to grab a lighter and burn your skin til you don't have the energy to do that anymore.

Hey, sei nicht so hard zu dir selbst  (Hey, don't be so hard on yourself)

Even though tears are rolling down your cheeks, your voice is steady and perfectly matches the sound of the guitar.

Auch wenn dich gar nichts mehr hält  (Even if nothings holds you anymore)

Natasha's POV:

Seeing y/n on the balcony with her guitar warms my heart. I love it when she sings or plays- and she's pretty damn good at it.

I place my sweater on the bed and make my way over to the door so I can listen to the angelic sounds.

Du brauchst nur weiter zu geh'n

Komm nicht auf Scherben zu steh'n  (You just have to move on, don't stop and stand on the shards)

A smile creeps up my face as I hear the german words echo through the air.

Wenn die Angst dich in die Enge treibt

Es fürs Gegenhalten nicht mehr reicht  (When the fear is pushing you back, there's not enough left to fight back)

As she sniffles realisation kicks in. Oh y/n.

I slowly approach her and make my way around the bench to place myself to her right. She definitely noticed me, but she doesn't take her eyes of the sky- I get it- no eye contact at vulnerable moments- I'm like that too sometimes.

Du es einfach grad nicht besser weißt

Dann sei   (You just don't know better at the moment, then stay)

I securely wrap an arm around her and pull her close carefully. I can practically feel her walls slowly breaking. As she starts to sing the next line her voice cracks.

Es geht vorbei

E-es geht vorbei  (It'll pass, I-It'll pass)

I press a kiss on her head and she places the guitar down. A couple seconds later she's securely placed in my lap with my arms wrapped around her body, holding her close. Her head rests on my shoulder which causes her sobs to be muffled. "It's going to be okay my sweet girl, it's gonna be okay детка (baby)" I coo and she clings onto my shirt even more.