𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖞-𝖋𝖎𝖛𝖊

~

XXXV

~

Humming softly to herself, Aiyla began to braid her hair.

Only this wasn't a normal braid.

It was an intricate series of twists and plaits, and every so often she would weave some flowers into her locks.

The flowers themselves were little clusters of white blooms. Jasmine.

Bahadir's favourite flowers.

Every year, if he was there at the time, he'd sit her down and braid his favourite flower into her hair.

Though he wasn't here, Aiyla was doing it to herself.

"Wendy," she mused, when she had finally tied the braid off, her arms aching, "Can you take a picture of it?"

"Sure, Lay," Wednesday grabbed Aiyla's phone and stood from her desk, walking over to stand behind Aiyla and began to take pictures from the braid from the backs and sides. "Your arms must be killing you."

Aiyla chuckled, "You have no idea."

"What flowers are those?"

Aiyla stiffened at the voice. It was Enid, who had just entered.

She tried not to be mad, she really tried - Enid was just trying to do something nice for her.

"Don't blame Thing, Onyx or Xavier," Enid declared seeing the look on her face, "The party was my idea. I believe everyone deserves to be celebrated on their birthday."

Anger and hurt swelled within Aiyla.

"That's not your choice to fucking make," she hissed. She held an arm out for Onyx, who fluttered to land on her forearm with a condescending caw towards the werewolf, and grabbed her phone from Wednesday, muttering her friend a small thanks.

And then she turned her back on Enid and stormed out of the door.

It wasn't Enid's fault.

But then again it was. Aiyla had repeatedly expressed to everyone around her, that she didn't celebrate her birthday and had no intention to do so.

So then why had they - including Xavier - violated her trust?

Xavier knew. He knew that she had not had a good past, knew that she was full of hellish scars and bad memories. That life wasn't a good thing to her in any means necessary. And yet he had been distracting her with a makeout session yesterday. Were any of those kisses real, or were they just a way for him to pass the time, waiting for Enid's call?

Aiyla stared at the message burned into the lawn, trying to calm herself down as Onyx took of from her arm and began to fly away.