𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞-𝖔𝖓𝖊

~

XXI

T/W: Abuse mentions

~

Aiyla bid Wednesday goodbye and made her way into the art studio. "I won't be long," she told Onyx, "I just need to find something to match against the claw's DNA." She shut the door as Onyx flew off and grabbed a paintbrush, pushing through the rubbish in the bin to pull out the bloodied cloth she used earlier that week to clean Xavier's wounds.

She shoved it in a plastic zip-lock bag and then shoved that into her rucksack.

And then the door opened.

Aiyla turned on her heel like a deer caught in headlights for the second time that day, as Xavier entered the room.

He walked forwards, eyes wide when he saw her, "What the hell are you doing? I thought I made it clear you weren't allowed back in here. And I know you saw my text."

Aiyla looked up at him, "Are these all self-portraits?"

He scoffed, "What? You think it's me? I saved your life."

"And knocked me out in the process," Aiyla retorted, but inside she was crawling with shame.

In truth, she was thankful and grateful for him saving her.

But right now they needed answers.

"You are so out of line right now," Xavier exclaimed.

Aiyla gestured to the wall plastered in artwork of the monster, "Your art seems to have a recurring motif."

"I told you I'm not the monster, okay?" Xavier hissed.

Aiyla pulled the drawing from her inside pocket and showed it to Xavier, "So you just happen to draw pictures of it, down to the location of it its lair in the woods? Those are some pretty vivid dreams.

Realisation dawned on Xavier's face at the same moment that Aiyla knew she messed up.

"You were in here," he said softly, shaking his head in disbelief, "Before when I caught you outside." He stared at her in disappointment, "That's the only reason you asked me to the Rave'N? To try and cover."

Aiyla wanted to disagree, but somehow she'd lost the ability to speak.

It felt as if someone had just stabbed her in the chest.

Xavier scoffed, "You are unbelievable!"

"It's complicated," Aiyla stammered, trying to explain, but Xavier cut her off.

He shrugged his arm out, "It always is with you! I bet Wednesday put you up to this, didn't she? I mean, do you even care about anyone, o-or anything at all, Aiyla?!" He demanded.

Aiyla looked up at him, feeling her eyes prick, she couldn't breath. 

The ever present frown was back on his face tenfold, and his eyes flashed with anger and betrayal.