𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖊

~

IX

~

"What the bloody hell are we even doing this for?" 

Enid laughed, "You sound so British."

"I am British."

"I thought you were Turkish," Enid declared, with furrowed brows.

"I lived in England before I moved to America," Aiyla explained, "Hence the British accent."

They turned as Weems began to speak, her incessant voice booming over the drone of chatter in the quad, "All students will report to their volunteer jobs at 10am sharp, followed by a community lunch and 1:00," Weems declared, "As you know, this year Outreach Day culminates in a very special event; the dedication of a new memorial statue in the town square. With performances including Nevermore students-"

Enid laughed and cheered (she'd be dancing)

"- I trust that you'll put your best fact forward," Weems finished.

Wednesday and Aiyla stayed silent as they were handed their envelopes.

"Yes! I got Pilgrim World," Enid cheered, grinning, "I do have natural people skills and a love of preforming so it's kind of the obvi choice. What'd you two get?"

"Uriah's Heap," Wednesday said, "Whatever that is."

Enid cringed, "Ew, it's this weird, creepy antique store. You'll love it though."

Aiyla frowned, "I got the Joseph Church."

"Don't step foot in that place," Enid warned her, "Nothing against normie Christians, but the people who go there are really anti-outcast. They won't miss you if you don't show up." Enid smiled and twirled slightly, "But I really hope Ajax and I are outreaching together."

"I can go check," Aiyla offered, "I'm going to go talk to Xavier anyway."

Enid smiled gratefully, "Please."

But before Aiyla could go Weems showed up. "Wednesday, Aiyla. Don't worry about your cello and a microphone. We'll have them brought to the town square this afternoon."

"My cello?" Wednesday inquired, confused.

Aiyla stared, "I don't own a microphone."

"I know," Weems answered, "Jericho high school is lending us a microphone. I caught your rooftop serenade the other night. Impressive. We volunteered you to accompany the Jericho high school marching band at the ceremony. I'm sure it won't be too challenging to play an uplifting melody, Wednesday. And you're replacing their lead singer and belter, Aiyla - they'll give you a sheet with the lyrics there."

"As long as you promise to hand us as witches afterwards," Wednesday agreed.

"I'm not singing any hymns," Aiyla made clear.