00.) Prologue

The realm of Alaceto was said to be created when Nereia, Goddess of the Seven Seas, and Faunwa, Goddess of the Earth, came together with Aura and Nox, Goddess and God of the Sun and Moon

The realm of Alaceto was said to be created when Nereia, Goddess of the Seven Seas, and Faunwa, Goddess of the Earth, came together with Aura and Nox, Goddess and God of the Sun and Moon. The four deities came together and shaped the realm to their desires. Nereia and Faunwa decided on their domains and borders. Faunwa lifted the earth from the bottom of the sea. Islands rose up from the depths followed by some continents. The kind goddess took her blood and created many animals. With her breath, she created humans. Nereia breathed life into the vast ocean, creating all kinds of sea creatures and legend says she birthed the first Sirens. Aura created the day, and Nox created the night. The moon wasn't enough to light up the dark sky, so according to the myths, Aura took some of her blood and flicked it into the sky creating the stars. Thus, the world of Alaceto was created.

The humans banded together and created the seven pirate guilds, one guild for each ocean while the sirens spread out across the oceans, creating seven tribes to be ruled by one king and queen. The sevens seas were named: Aritices, Northern and Southern Palificas, East and West Atlantis, Dianias, and Antariacius. Each sea had its own people and culture. Life was peaceful for many centuries, until the Great War broke out.

The Great War between the Pirate guilds and the Sirens had waged over the seven seas for more than three hundred years. Many families had been torn apart, and even more people had lost their lives. No one knows how exactly the war began, but the most common legend begins with a young pirate named Alden Evergreen of the Antariacius sea guild who had befriended the Siren Princess Asherah. The two forged a powerful friendship and started to mend the relationship between man and siren. Alden and Asherah fell in love, much to their parents' dismay.

Alden's parents warned him of the Siren's song, a song that the Sirens sang to take control over man. Not many could resist the song, but the few who did did their best to teach others. They whispered old stories and myths into his ears. Myths of how Sirens lured their lovers deep beneath the depths of the darkest ocean and drowned them without mercy or regret. They warned him of a siren's ability to manipulate and control water and anything with a suitable amount of water in it. Seeds of fear and doubt had been planted in his mind.

Asherah's parents wished the best for their daughter. They warned her about human deceptions, but they also told her about human brilliance and loyalty. They spoke of the great inventions humans created, of the beautiful islands and mainlands full of green grass, trees, or full of hot dry sand. Asherah's love for Alden had grown.

When the day came for them to be married, Alden had betrayed Asherah and taken the mystical orb known as the Heart of the Ocean and had been gifted to the sirens by their god and goddess, Nereia and Tritune. He slew the king and queen and disappeared into the sea, never to be heard of again. Outraged and heartbroken, Asherah's heart hardened and she declared war against the pirates and all humanity.

Many believe that in a fit of rage, Nereia had swallowed Alden up in the deepest parts of the seas. Others believe that he had survived and kept the Heart from himself in a faraway land. What people knew for sure was that because of Alden, the world fell into war and the gods could do nothing to interfere.

What the common stories don't tell is that a young Siren gifted with the prophetic sight by Aura and Nox had dreamed a dream. A princess would be the one to go on a journey to find the Heart and bring the war to an end. This story had been thought to be lost to history, but those descended from Asherah preserved it. They kept the prophecy alive and taught it to their fellow kin. One day, a savior would come to stop the horrible, needless bloodshed. One day, the world would once more be restored to peace.

Hey guys!

Hey guys!

I hope you all enjoyed this prologue! I'm in love with what I have created! Comments and votes are appreciated. I love hearing from you!

Have a wonderful day!

~Kat