╰┈˚ · ° .  Maiven woke up gasping for air. Sweat glistened on her skin and her crimson red hair stuck to her forehead and neck.

Panting breath escaped from the Archeron's girl mouth as she tried to focus on not throwing up.

Mai squeezed her eyes shut and shaked her head trying to get rid of the imagines from her nightmare. But it didn't work. It never works.

So as every night, the girl stood from her bed and changed into The League's uniform. But even as much as she hated The League, the uniform felt familiar. It gave her a sense of comfort.

Maiven placed in her boots two of her remaining knives, the other two in her corset and her hunting knife strapped on her thigh. She raised her hood on her red hair and veil on her face and in minutes she was out of the window and away from the manor.

She moved through the forest with grace. The agility and enchanted senses that came with being High Fae improved her skills to a whole new level. Deep in the forest, she climbed up a tree.

Her back and head rested on the trunk and one of her legs dangled from the branch that she was sitting on. The hunting knife was now in her hand as thoughts stormed in her head.

[𝘍𝘭𝘢𝘴𝘩𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘬]

𝟑 𝐝𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐔𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐌𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐢𝐧

They were back at the Spring Court but everything was different.

A knock sounded on Maiven's bedroom door. She already knew who it was.

"Maiven" Merissa called from behind the door.

"Come in"

The faerie opened the door taking just a couple of steps before stopping.

"The High Lord wants to speak with you. He is waiting in the dining room" Merissa said

Maiven sighed but she made move to walk out of the room

"He said to bring your weapons with you" The faerie added while looking at the floor.

Mai already knew that something like this was going to happen. The faeries and High Fae alike always seemed to turn their heads in the other direction when she would walk near them. They feared her. What she had done under the mountain. The way she tortured and killed dozens of faeries. She was a trained assassin, and everyone knew that. She was just a human then but now she was High Fae. And she was more deadly than she had ever been.

Maiven knew that eventually, Tamlin would have made her give him all her weapons, and that is why the first thing she did as they came back to The Spring Court, was learn how to glamour.

Four knives now were hidden and glamoured in her closet alongside her League uniform.

Maiven collected the rest of her knives and her sword and passed Merissa near the door. She walked down the hallways and climbed down the stairs till she arrived at the wooden doors of the dining room.

She didn't even have time to knock as Tamlin had already told her to come in.

Sat at the head of the table there was Tamlin. Feyre sat on his side but in Lucien's usual seat there was an unfamiliar female.