ⅩⅤ

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟓

"𝘐𝘴 𝘩𝘦 𝘢𝘭𝘪𝘷𝘦?"

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

╰┈˚ · ° .  ɪᴛ ᴛᴏᴏᴋ ᴛʜᴇ ᴀʀᴄʜᴇʀᴏɴ ᴛᴡɪɴꜱ ᴛᴡᴏ ᴅᴀʏꜱ to arrive at the wall and another two to find mossy stones placed across from each other, a faint whorl carved into them both. A gate.

And soon they were riding in silicene passing the familiar trees of the Sprig Court.

It was quiet. Too quiet.

The human girls approached the front gate of the manor. It was open, but the iron had been bent out of shape, as if mighty hands had wrenched them apart.

Maiven and Feyre shared a look before dismounting their horses.

Sword in hand Mai walked in front of her sister, scanning the area that now seemed deserted.

"Tam?" Feyre called "Tamlin" she shouted rushing inside

"Feyre wait" Maiven yelled running to catch up with her sister

Alone in the wreckage of the manor, Feyre sank to her knees.

"C'mon Fey" Maiven whispered helping the girl on her feet

There were splatters of blood everywhere, along with small puddles and smears down the gouged walls. There were no bodies, and not much gore. They had to be alive.

Debris crunched from down the hall alerting the twins that they were not alone. They lunged behind the door, the only place where they could hide.

Something limped into the room and sniffed. Maiven could only see its back—cloaked in a plain cape, medium height ...The figure sniffed again, she dared a better glance at it

The figure turned slightly toward them.

"Alis." Feyre cried out shoving away the door

She gaped at them, a hand on her heart, her usual brown dress torn and dirty, her apron gone entirely.

"You can't be here. You were told to stay away." She said to Feyre

"Is he alive?"

"Yes, but—"