ⅩⅦ

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟕

" 𝘏𝘶𝘮𝘢𝘯𝘴 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘬 𝘢𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘦. "

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

╰┈˚ · ° .  ᴀ ᴅᴜɴɢᴇᴏɴ. ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴀꜱ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ᴍᴀɪᴠᴇɴ ᴡᴀꜱ ᴛʜʀᴏᴡɴ. Once out of the throne room they had separated the twins. Maiven didn't know where her sister was.

She begrudgingly stripped herself of all her weapons. Even the hidden ones

"I'm sure that you will feel at home, little assassin" That is what Amarantha had said. And she was right.

Dread filled her body once she saw the dungeons. "I'm sure that you will feel at home, little assassin" She knew. Amarantha knew who she was. What she was.

Days passed and the only thing that she could hear were the screaming of the faeries behind the door.

Suddenly those screams were replaced by the scrape of the cell door against stone.

Two red-skinned faeries entered the cell. Maiven rose to her feet. One of them tried to reach for her arm, she ducked to the side glaring at said faerie

"There is no need for that. I will follow you" She hissed

The two red-skinned faeries clenched their jaws before gesturing for the human girl to go forward.

As they walked, Mai marked the path, just like she did when they first threw her in that cold cell. Picking out details in the hall—interesting cracks in the walls, features in the tapestries, an odd bend— anything to remind her of the way out of the dungeons.

Maiven entered the throne room already finding Feyre at the foot of the dais.

"Oh here she is. The other twin. I was asking your sister about your names. As I said to her, you know my name. Isn't it fair that I know yours?"

"Not really" Maiven answered coldly

Amarantha's jaw clenched at the girl's answer. Fury shone in her eyes.

"Rhysand," Amarantha said—not needing to raise her voice to summon him.

Casual, strolling steps sounded from behind the twins, who now standed beside each other. Those steps stopped when they were beside Maiven.