𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖

"𝘈𝘨𝘢𝘪𝘯 "

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

╰┈˚ · ° . ᴡʜᴀᴛᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴛᴇɴᴛᴀᴛɪᴠᴇ ᴛʀᴜᴄᴇ ᴡᴀꜱ ʙᴜɪʟᴛ, in the afternoon it vanished at the dinner table.

Tamlin was lounging in his usual seat, a long claw out and circling his goblet. It paused on the lip as soon as the girls entered the room with Lucien on their heels.

Tamlin slowly looked at the red-haired fae, whose face had turned grave. "We went on a hunt," Lucien said.

"I heard," Tamlin said roughly, glancing between the three as they took their seats at the table. "And did you have fun?"

Slowly, his claw sank back into his flesh.

Lucien didn't answer, leaving it to human girls. Coward.

Maiven cleared her throat before answering. "Sort of," she said.

"Did you catch anything?" Every word was clipped out.

"No." Lucien gave the youngest girl a pointed cough, as if urging her to say more.

But she had nothing more to say. Tamlin stared at Feyre for a long moment, then dug into his food, not all that interested in talking to anyone else.

Then Lucien quietly said, "Tam."

Tamlin looked up, more animal than fae in those green eyes. A demand for whatever it was Lucien had to say.

Lucien's throat bobbed. "The Bogge was in the forest today."

The fork in Tamlin's hand folded in on itself. He said with lethal calm, "You ran into it?"

Lucien nodded. "It moved past but came close. It must have snuck through the border"

Metal groaned as Tamlin's claws punched out, obliterating the fork. He rose to his feet with a powerful, brutal movement. "Where in the forest?"

Lucien told him. Tamlin threw a last glance to the twins' direction before stalking out of the room and shutting the door behind him with unnerving gentleness.

Lucien loosed a breath, pushing away his half-eaten food and rubbing at his temples. "Where is he going?" Feyre asked, staring toward the door.

"To hunt the Bogge."

"You said it couldn't be killed—that you can't face it."

"Tam can."

"So he went to hunt the Bogge where we were earlier today?"