Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ Tᴇɴ

"My name is Noelle Silva. I belong to the royal family of this kingdom."

Letheia eyed Noelle, her brain quickly assessing the situation. Silva. With her appearance, she indeed looks like the captain of the Silver Eagles, the magic knight squad who only accepted nobles and royals into their ranks.

'She must've grown up with the same views.' Letheia thought to herself, not liking the impression this royal was giving her.

She was startled when Asta suddenly dropped down to his knees and started grovelling.

"I do beg your pardon. I am but a puny insect that someone could blow away just by breathing."

Noelle looked down at him in approval. "As long as you understand."

Now, she definitely didn't like this girl.

Letheia was glad that Asta didn't take much offence to the blatant insults thrown his way earlier and decided to take the non-violent route through this encounter, but watching him grovelling was deeply disturbing to Letheia.

It seems as if she thought too soon as a moment later, Asta seemed to have finally processed the insults and stood up indignantly.

"Wait! Who are you calling an insect?! We're supposed to be colleagues as Magic Knights! Who cares if you're roya—"

Letheia covered Asta's mouth before he could further offend the prideful royal.
"Asta, stop!" She hissed into his ear, warningly.

Magna looked ready to jump right into the verbal battle too and looked even more put off when Letheia sent him a warning glare.

"What!? What Asta said is true! Status shouldn't mean—"

"I apologize for our rudeness, lady Noelle. I am Letheia Kreo, a humble citizen and now servant to the kingdom, it is a pleasure to meet you." Letheia bowed slightly with a hand to her chest, cutting off Magna and taking things into her own hands before the situation escalated any further.

Noelle's gaze turned to her, eyeing her up and down, before nodding in approval. Letheia didn't miss the surprise in her eyes when she said her last name.

"Kreo. You're from an old noble family. It's a relief to see that I won't be surrounded by only commoners and peasants here."

A tick mark appeared in Letheia's temple as her smile became stiff and forced.

She tried to be patient and polite as to not cause trouble on her first day as a magic knight but this young royal is making it extremely hard for her to maintain her composure.

Letheia had to close her eyes and take a deep breath before she righted herself and excused herself and the others.

Grateful of the nod she recieved from Noelle, Letheia quickly led both Magna and Asta past the young lady towards the exit, pinching both hard on the side when they tried to protest.

When the two finally relented and walked themselves out of sight, Letheia sighed and turned around, calling after the retreating figure of the young Silva. Noelle turned around and raised an inquiring brow at her.

"If I may, lady Noelle, and I say this without any disrespect, but perhaps you should tone down on insulting your seniors and colleagues lest you want a hard time on your stay here. They may have had a lower rank than you before this year's recruitment, but we're magic knights now. We have an equal status in this Kingdom's society as it's servants and protectors. You shouldn't look down on any one of the knights, better yet, I would appreciate it if I could work with someone who doesn't look down on anyone at all. It would not only improve your views in life, or make you a better person, but it will also help you make friends here, because like you pointed out earlier, most of the people here aren't from nobility after all."