Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ Tʜʀᴇᴇ

It was a peaceful morning and Letheia was overlooking the garden, lost in thought. She couldn't believe it was already 3 months since that night her father caught her off guard, and to be honest, she was still waiting for the moment where she wakes up and realizes this was all a dream.

-

"You-.. you're not pulling my leg here, right?" Letheia asked with wide eyes.

"I'm not jesting, Theia. I told you I'm letting you participate in the exam, or would you rather I take it back right now?" Dillon raised a brow.

"No!" Letheia exclaimed. "It's just, I was just shocked, you know? I did just lose to you in a duel earlier. A duel in which I made a deal and lost."

Next thing he knew, he was once again engulfed in a tight hug with his daughter. "Thank you, thank you, thank you! You dont know how much this means to me!"

Dillon chuckled as he felt himself getting choked by how much strength his daughter was investing in this hug, "I assure you, my dear, I can very much tell."

"Oh..." Letheia noticed his father's predicament and immediately let go. "Sorry."

Dillon just shook his head and smiled. "It's alright." He says as he pats her head.

"May I ask why you changed your mind?" Letheia asked with a curious glint in her eyes.

Dillon smiled, "I made the final decision here while I was talking to you about your mother. I realized that your mother would want you to go out and explore the world, free to do whatever you want. But it did also have something to do with a certain knight who pleaded a reasonable case."

Letheia's face lit up, "Sir Robain!"

"Yes, he gave a pretty agreeable condition in exchange for your participation in the exam. Which reminds me, you're only allowed to join the Grey- I mean, the Aqua Deers."

"What? Why?" Letheia asked in confusion.

"Because that's the squad I was in when I was a Magic Knight."

Letheia nodded and was about to agree when her father spoke once again.

"And because Sir Robain would be there too. That way, he'd be able to protect you when something bad really happens."

Letheia made a noise of indignance before she verbally protested, "No! You're basically saying that Sir Robain will still be keeping an eye on me while I'm a Magic Knight."

Dillon fixed a glare to his duaghter, "Theia, I won't repeat myself. "It's either you agree to this, or you won't be participating at all."

Letheia glared back at her father and held his gaze. After a few seconds, she ended up looking away and pouted.

"But what if I don't get chosen by the Aqua Deers?"

Dillon actually looked like he was considering this possibility before answering, "Then I'll allow you to be in either the Golden Dawn and the Black Bulls."