Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ Oɴᴇ

"Do you think, after today's duel, he'll let me go?" Letheia asked her personal knight, Sir Robain, after taking a sip of her tea.

James Robain is a Magic Knight, belonging to the Aqua Deer, formerly known as Grey Deer, but agreed to become Letheia's personal knight only days after her return from abduction. He had blonde hair, hazel eyes, and was quite handsome. Too bad he was literally twice her age. He stayed her personal knight up until now, but he's still a part of the Aqua Dear and was even there when Rill Boismortier was appointed their new Captain.

They were on her balcony right now, overlooking the garden as the young lady Kreo had her morning tea and snacks.

"In my opinion, my lady, you have grown extensively since that day you've suggested this idea to your father and are definitely more than ready to grow even further with other people your age, outside the estate." Sir Robain answered from his place at her side.

Letheia raised a brow and gave the knight a small smile. "Thank you for the praise, Sir Robain, but that didn't really answer my question."

Sir Robain gave out a resigned sigh and nodded. "No, my lady, I don't think the lord will let you go."

Letheia closed her eyes and hummed in agreement. She opened them again and eyed the knight at her side. "Yes, seeing as my father would'nt even let me wander around the house without a guard, I also doubt that he'll let me out any time soon."

She took another sip of her tea before placing it down and looking determinedly at a place far over the large walls surrounding her home. The Royal Capital.

"But he has to if I ever want to become a Magic Knight."

"My lady, may I ask how you plan to convince your father?" Sir Robain inquired after seeing that spark of determination he often sees in her eyes whenever she thinks of one of her more brilliant ideas that almost never fails.

She had this look when she proposed the idea of having him train her the moment she became 12 when she decided to become a magic knight. She also had that look when she recieved her grimoire a few months ago when she proposed that her father be a spectator to their duels once a week to show off her progress and have him decide whether she was ready to go outside.

Today, was one of those sessions and she decided that he has to approve now. The Magic Knight Entrance Exams are 3 months away, and she wanted to be able to participate in them this year.

She can't do that if she wasn't allowed to go outside their estate.

"You'll find out later. For now, I'd just like to enjoy my morning tea. Want a biscuit?" She answered, holding out the treat for him to take.

"Thank you, my lady." The knight said as he recieved the biscuit, deciding that he'll just have to wait and see how the session later will turn out.

After a few moments of silence as the two enjoyed the peaceful scenery of the Kreo Estate's garden, Letheia spoke wth a hint of amusement in her tone, "You know, it's actually quite humorous."

"What, my lady?" Sir Robain inquired.

"The fact that I can make things happen if I see it, but I can't manage to make father let me get out of the house."

Sir Robain chuckled a bit in response, "You're right, my lady. It is humorous."

And so the two continued in pleasant conversation while they ate some snacks in the balcony.

-

Dressed in her usual dueling gear, which was an all white bodysuit, custom made to "protect" her from any real injuries that the duel might cause, Letheia stretched as she waited with Sir Robain, who was dressed similarly after some persuasion from her part, for her father to arrive.