Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ Tᴡᴏ

She lost. Miserably.

She barely had any time to attack. She could only helplessly defend against her father's onslaught. He clearly didn't want her to win.

So with as much dignity— actually, to hell with dignity.

And so Dillon and Robain could only watch as Letheia ran from the grounds with tears falling freely from her eyes.

"Perhaps, you should speak to her, my lord." Robain suggested, his heart heavy from watching the utter defeat in the young lady's face.

Dillon let out a sorrowful sigh, "Yes, perhaps I should."

"And my lord?"

"Yes, James?"

"Please hear my plea, but..."

-

Later that evening when Letheia was already in her nightgown and was snuggled in her bed, ready to sleep, a gentle knock was heard from the door.

"May I come in?" Her father's voice sounded from the outside.

"Father! Yes, you may." Letheia sat up startled and was about to climb off her bed to properly greet her father when the said man walked in and saw what she was doing.

"No, no, there's no need to get up, Theia. You already look quite comfortable, I'll just take a seat here." Dillon said as he brought up a chair beside her bed.

Letheia complied and just sat there awkwardly as she waited for her father to bring up the reason why he was in her quarters so late at night. It's not like he isn't allowed to or has never done this before. He did, but that was already a few years ago when she had a hard time sleeping alone because of her trauma or just whenever she needed a bedtime story. He would always make the characters and events appear out of thin air with his Script Magic.

Finally, after a few grueling minutes of just awkward silence — for Letheia anyway — Dillon finally managed the courage to speak.

"Theia."

Letheia immediately sat straight. "Yes, father?"

Dillon looked her straight in the eye and said, "I'm here because of what happened earlier this morning."

"Oh..." Letheia said, the disappointment in her voice barely hidden as she dropped her head, her eyes immediately training on her bed sheets. "You didn't need to check on me father, I'm fine, really. A deal is a deal."

Dillon sighed. Believe him, he never really wanted to see his daughter miserable and sad. There was once a time where he even vowed to give her the whole world just to keep her happy.

Unfortunately, fate had other plans in mind.

"You have to understand, Theia. This is for your own safety. Maybe in a few more years, I'll let you go out into the world and let you do as you please, but not right now." Dillon pleaded, trying to make her understand that he was only concerned about her wellbeing.

Letheia decided to forget manners and etiquette. It was only her father and her in the room anyway. And she had already given up on her dignity once that day when she cried as she ran away from the training grounds. She laid back down on her bed and turned away from her father, pulling the covers over her head.

"I'm not really in the mood to argue with you right now, so if that was all you had to tell me, I'd like to sleep now, father."

Dillon's heart ached at the clear disappointment and sadness in her daughter's voice. It only worsened as she turned her back to him.

The room was shrouded in silence with Letheia not wanting to speak and Dillon not knowing what to do next. A few minutes passed, and Letheia wondered if her father had already left quietly or was still sitting there beside her bed. She was about to chance a peak when,