hot hanks

You're point of view

Hanks shoves the offending entity back out the frame, violently slamming the door in it's face.
Coole let's out a cacophonous squawk, he's been locked out and he doesn't like it.

Hanks runs to the back room and starts splitting my ears with noise. I can't even imagine what he is up to, but before I have chance to try Coole begins to kick up a stink. It's rancid, the penetrative stench bearing down on my lungs, offending my nasal passengers like a slur.

Before I can pass out, a door briskly opened behind me, "Hop in".

I hop in.

What I have hopped into has yet to be revealed and my mind is overwhelmed with all the possibilities, I open my eyes and witness the carriage of a train. I'm joltted forth as I try to maintain my balance and frantically find a seat. The red leather wimpers under my height.

There's a few others on the train, children, annoying children all dressed in yellow and with bifocals. An ominous clicking starts making its way down the carriage, a dark shadow looming over me.

I feel breath on my ear

"TICKETS PLEASE!"

My attention is snapped to the figure on my left, TOM HANKS! He's dressed as a conductor.

"Ticket?"

"YOU DONT HAVE A TICKET? YOURE ON THE POLAR EXPRESS AND YOU DONT HAVE A TICKET?!"

"The polar wha-"

"THE POLAR EXPRESS OF COURSE"

"No?"

"WELL YOUNG/OLD/LADY/MAN THAT JUST WONT DO"

"So... you bought me here?"

"Tickets pwease"

"I TOLD YOU I DON-"

"Check your pocket ;)"

I briskly dive my hands into my pocket and come back with

nothing...

"Check your... other pocket" this time more sharply

Nothing...

"Check your... other other pocket" this time more expectantly

Nothing...

"Check your ... other other other pocket" this time, with love.

Nothing...

I gaze at him sheepishly, there are no more pockets and I still have no ticket.

HANKS BLOWS HIS LITTLE WHISTLE AND SUDDENLY EVERY YELLOW WEARING CHILD SNAPPED THEIR NECKS IN YOUR DIRECTION, POINTING, CHANTING.

"HEY YOU  HEY YOU  HEY YOU  HEY YOU" 

They circle around me, pick me up and start carrying me in the direction of Hanks' pointed finger. Marching and working in unison like beady little know It all ants.

"Fucking nerds" you whisper under your breath.
They heard you, you know they heard you, even though they did not react.

The choo choo train performs an emergency stop, the know-it-all's stance strong enough to not even lean from the instantaneous jolt. They have read many books on how to stand in every situation and retained every word, ready to be put into action at moments just like this.

You're thrown onto the pavement outside of your house, at least they got you away from that featherhead inspector. The train chugs away as you realise you never did get Hanks' autograph, or ask why he was now working multiple jobs.

COOLE POV (outside coffee shop):

I PECK THE GROUND IN ANGER

AN: Did you miss me, back with yet another banger and more bangers to come  <3