61

*the next day*

Sam and I approach the bathroom door, and Sam knocks, speaking. "You ever coming out of there?"

"What?"

"Dean, a police call came in on the scanner," Sam sighs.

"Hold on."

"Someone was found dead three blocks from here. Come on," he rolls his eyes. He opens the door, looking out at us.

"This shower is awesome," he admits.

"Yes, it is," I nod in agreement.

"Come on," Sam says, before walking off.

*at the scene*

We pull off on to the side of the road, hopping off. Sam gets out his umbrella, pulling me under it. We approach Larry who's just getting off the phone. "Hello, you're, uh, back early," Larry says.

"Yeah, we, uh, just drove in. Wanted to take another look at the neighborhood," Dean nods.

"What's going on," I ask.

"You guys met, uh, Lynda Bloome at the barbeque?"

"The realtor," I nod.

"Well, she, uh, passed away last night," he admits.

"What happened," I ask.

"I'm still trying to find out. Identified the body for the police. Look, I'm, I'm sorry. This isn't a good time."

"It's okay," Sam assures him.

"Excuse me." He walks over to the police, and I sigh.

"You know what we have to do, right," I say.

"Yeah, get in that house."

"See if we got a bug problem," Dean nods.

After the police are gone, we hop on top of the fence and use it to climb on to the side of the house. I push the window open, stepping inside. Sam shuts the window behind us, and I look around. "This looks like the place," I say, walking toward the bathroom. There's blood and glass everywhere. I kneel down, lifting up a towel to reveal a few dead spiders on it. "Spiders."

"From spider boy," Dean says.

"Matt," Sam corrects. "Maybe."

~ ~ ~

We watch Matt exit the bus, walking the opposite direction of his house. "Isn't his house that way," Dean asks.

"Yep," I nod, watching him walk into the woods.

"So where's he going?"

"Let's find out," I say, hopping out of the car.

We walk down into the woods, following his trail when we see him holding a cage open. "Hey, Matt," I say making him look over at us. "Remember me?"

"What are you doing out here," he asks.

"Well, we wanna talk to you," Dean says.

"You're not here to buy a house, are you?" I shake my head. "W-Wait, you're not serial killers?"

"No, no. No, I think you're safe," Sam shakes his head.

"So, Matt, you sure know a lot about insects," Dean says.

"So?"

"Did you hear what happened to Lynda, the realtor?"

"I hear she died this morning," he nods.

"Mm, that's right. Spider bites."

"Matt, you tried to scare her with a spider," I point out.

"Wait, you think I had something to do with that?"

"You tell us."

"That tarantula was a joke. Anyway, that wouldn't explain the bee attack or the gas company guy," he defends.

"You know about those," Sam says.

"There is something going on here. I don't know what but something's happening with the insects. Let me show you something." He grabs his backpack, and we follow him through the woods.

"So if you know all about this bug stuff, why not tell you dad," I ask. "Maybe he could clear everybody out."

"Believe me, I've tried, but, uh, Larry doesn't listen to me," he admits.

"Why not?"

"Mostly? He's too disappointed in his freak son," he says. Sam chuckles, nodding.

"I hear ya."

"You do," Dean questions. Sam glances back at him but ignores his comment.

"Matt, how old are you?"

"Sixteen."

"Well, don't sweat it 'cause in two years something great's gonna happen."

"What?"

"College. You'll be able to get out of that house and away from your dad."

"What kind of advice is that," Dean says. "Kid should stick with his family." Sam sighs and stops walking, as he glares at Dean.

"How much further, Matt?"

"We're close." Sam takes one more look at Dean, before following Matt.

"You know what that's about," Dean asks me.

"You're so clueless sometimes," I shake my head, following them.