50.

As I'm leaning against the car, Sam walks over to me. He glances down at me, sighing. "I didn't want to bring this up earlier but... that thing was choking you and you don't have a single mark on you."

"Sam—"

"How? How are you fine? How is it that this entire time we've been together, you don't have a single mark on you."

"I don't know. I was cutting vegetables one day, and I cut my finger, so I went to put a bandaid on it, and the cut was gone. That's happened a couple of times. It's not... consistent, but it happens every now and then."

"Has something happened recently?"

"No, I don't think so," I shake my head. "God, I feel like such a freak."

"You're not a freak. I mean, you saved my life," he sighs.

"Yeah but... can we just keep this between us? I don't want Dean to know."

"Yeah, of course. I mean, I told you about my dreams of Jessica before she died, so we keep these things between us."

"Good," I nod. "There is something else we need to talk about."

"What?"

"You kissed me," I say.

"And you kissed me."

"I'm not trying to take advantage of you while you're still vulnerable and dealing with Jessica's death. Maybe it was a mistake, maybe not," I sigh.

"I don't think it was," Sam admits.

"You don't?"

"No. I told you that after I broke up with you... I still loved you and that I do still love you," he sighs.

"What about Jess?"

"I did love Jess, but there was no one that could ever replace you and what we had," he admits.

"After you broke up with me, I thought it wasn't meant to be. I mean, we were younger then, and I thought maybe I was wrong about us. But when I saw you at my door that day... I knew that I still loved you. I knew that what we had was real, and it wasn't just young love. I was worried I would never have a chance to rekindle what we had," I explain. "Not that I wanted anything bad to happen to Jess, of course," I add, quickly.

"I know," he nods.

"I'm sure she was great," I sigh.

"She was, but she couldn't replace you. No one ever could," he admits.

I bite my lip slightly, and he cups my cheek with one hand, before leaning down and kissing me softly. After a couple of seconds, we break apart.

"Was that a mistake?"

"Definitely not."

"Agreed," I smile.

"What are you two kids talking about," Dean asks, walking over to us.

"Stuff and things," I answer.

"Stuff and things?"

"That's what I said," I nod.

"What kind of answer is stuff and things?"

"It's my answer."

"Come on, you seriously aren't gonna tell me?"

"Nope."

We hop in his car, and I lean my head back.