Chapter Twenty Seven: Out Smarted.

Vote and comment babes 💗🥰

~~ = new scene

~ = New memory of Stiles'

"Oh, dear. Seems like he's having trouble coping with the loss of his friends."

"There's just no way." Scott rips the papers from Avery's grubby little hands, raking his eyes over them for the tenth time. "Right? He- Stiles - He wouldn't just leave, especially not without saying goodbye."

"He did say goodbye. The letters are in your hand." The women states as she crosses her arms

"He would never just leave a letter." Jackson growls out of frustration. "He wouldn't leave us. And he definitely would not leave his dad behind. Not now, not ever."

"Looks like he in fact did, sweetie." She remarks in a bored tone.

"There's no need to be insensitive." Derek snaps.

"A bit touchy today, are we? So Stiles left, what's the big deal?" She snaps back at the Hale-McCall pack. "Derek, are you ready? I got quite the trip planned for us."

Everyone turned their eyes to Derek. Not even five seconds pass and Cora bursts into laughter. Everyone else followed suit.

"Did I miss the joke?" The imposter growls.

Peter stood in front of the loft door, arms crossed.

Chris is at his side in an instant.

Peter chuckles. "You did."

"You see, the thing is, I know - We know you have Stiles." The sheriff gestures to everyone around. "My boy is smarter than every single bad guy there is. He left a code in my letter. I'm guessing you made him write those." He scoffs as her poor excuse of a plan. "So, yes, you did miss the joke."

Avery marches over and takes the letter back from Scott. They all seen it click when she realized she missed the code. She turns on her heels, facing the packs once again. "Keep in mind that if I die none of you see that little shit again."

"We're not monsters. We aren't going to kill you." Scott informs her.

"Not yet." Boyd growls low and dangerous.

"Some of us are monsters." Peter points out with a raised hand.

"So, what's your plan, hm?"

"Well, for starters, you're going to be detained. Sheriff, mind cuffing her? Put her on the couch for now." Derek verbalizes his plan.

"You bet. These are coated in wolfbane, we want to make sure you're nice and comfortable." The sheriff snarks.

And, well, Stiles had to get his sarcasm from someone.

"Peter, you said Stiles and I would be able to see through one another's eyes. How?" Derek questions his uncle.

"I said you could once you are matted. You are not matted. I don't believe it would work, nephew."

"It's worth a shot, right? Get Deaton over here as soon as possible."

~~

"Please, you don't have to do this. Come on just-"

But Gregory did not listen or wait for the boy to finish before sinking he claws into the back of the his neck.

Stiles did as Mateo told him to do. He focused on one memory at a time:

"Don't go into the living room."

"Why?" Derek asks slowly.

"I saw a spider."

"And you couldn't oh, I don't know, kill it?"

"I have two arms, Derek. Two! That thing has eight, that's hardly fair."

~

"Stiles, where are you? You guys have been gone for hours!"

"We went to the jungle as planned, but Erica got into a fight. Now were in an escape room."

"Who goes to an escape room after a bar f- you're in jail, aren't you?"

"It's a room we're trying to escape!" Erica yells into the phone, way too loudly for supernatural hearing ears.

"My dad won't let us leave until we sobber up a little bit. Hello? Derek? Rude! He hung up!"

Erica and Stiles both burst into another giggle fit.

~

"So, Stiles, how is the first week of staying with Derek going?" Lydia asks as she sits at their usual lunch table.

"It was going good until yesterday."

"What happened yesterday?" The banshee is intrigued with the gossip.

"I asked him for a glass of water while he was pissed at me, do you know what he brought me?"

"I have a feeling you're about to tell us." Erica smirks before biting into an apple.

"He brought me a glass full of ice and said "wait."

"I'm sure you deserved it." Jackson adds his two cents in the matter.

"I complimented his bunny teeth!"

"Complimented or made fun of?" Isaac questions already knowing the answer.

Stiles waves away the accusation "same thing."

~
"Where are my betas?" Derek demands to know as he walked into his way too quiet and empty loft.

"They're playing drunk hide-and-seek." Stiles informs him.

"Where?"

The boy laughs "I don't think you get how this game works, big guy."

~~

"So sorry for the delay. I got here as soon as I could. Theo stayed back with Lydia; she's still stable. But the witch could not make it today. Melissa took Liam's body to the hospital - oh. Forgive me. I didn't realize we had a guest."

"What do you mean Lydia is stable?"

"Why are you so surprised? Maybe because you're the one who tried killing her? Well, surprise." Erica snarks with jazz hands.

"And all of you knew?"

"Oh, sweetie." Alison mocks. "Don't look so down just because we out smarted you; we're just better at it than you." She spits the words at Avery since her best friend is not here to do it herself.

"Can we get back on track please?" Jackson just wants to get his pack mate back before it's too late.

"Yes, lets. Peter was very vague on the phone." Deaton informs them.

"I need you to walk me through on how to look through Stiles' eyes." Derek gets straight to the point.

"Oh, you and Mr. Stilinski are matted?"

"Well, no. Not exactly."

"Not exactly? Where is Stiles?"

"What my nephew is trying to say is no, they are not matted. Stiles has been kidnapped - by Avery."

"Ah I see." He glances to the women who is sitting on the couch then turns his focus back to the alpha. "Derek, I'm afraid if you and Stiles are not matted then it is not possible for you to do this."

"So what? I can't even try?" Derek is beyond frustrated at everything right now. He needs to get his mate back - he needs to know Stiles is safe, unharmed.

"Let's say Derek does try what happens if he does if they're not matted?" Chris asks the vet.

"It could be fatal. Derek, it could kill you."

vote and comment 💕