Chapter Twelve: I Think I Love Him.

Vote and comment babes 💕🫶🏼
2 chapters in 1 day? You're welcome ❤️‍🩹

Stiles was in the middle of getting dressed to go grocery shopping when someone started banging on his front door. When he wrenched it open a little too forcefully, (the banging was annoying sue him) There stood Lydia Martin. A furious Lydia Martin to be exact. He's totally dead.

"Well aren't you going to invite me in?" She snaps not waiting for answer before she shoulders her way past her friend.

"Okaay." He shuts the door and follows the banshee to the family room. "Can I help - "

"Sit." She demands as she throws her strawberry blonde hair over her shoulder.

Stiles hesitates but obeys. He doesn't want to piss Lydia off more than she already is. No siree.

"Why have you been avoiding us like you would catch a disease if you came within five feet of us?"

And straight for the kill. He shouldn't of been excepting anything less from her. "I'm not avoid - "

"Stiles, I love you. I really, truly do. But do not sit here and waste my time nor lie straight to my face."

"Fine. I might have possibly been ignoring you guys."

"Why?"

"Uh - well - "

"Because of Derek?" She guess. "Avery. Maybe even because of them both."

"Okay, so I have been avoiding Derek. I don't want to face how he makes me feel, but here I am bathing in my feelings. I'm realizing all at once that you guys were right - "

"Of course we are - wait. Who is we?"

"You, Peter, and Erica."

"Makes since." She nods thoughtfully. "Continue."

"I'm not just attracted to him, I can actually envision a future with him."

"And that scares you."

"It scares the hell out of me, Lyds. I have never loved anyone - "

Lydia clears her throat.

"To be fair I was never in love with you. I was in love with the idea of you."

"Breaking my heart here, Stilinski." Lydia jokes to lighten the mood.

"But I never really loved anyone and now suddenly I want it all with Derek. Derek freaking Hale. I'm freaking the fuck out here, Lydia."

"First, I don't think it's sudden. I think you just wouldn't let yourself want it bad enough. You were trying to ignore it until it eventually goes away, but now it's magnified. Second, You're scared because you love him."

"No, no. I like him."

"Sure honey. Anyway, you need to talk to him, okay? Tell him how you feel."

"Yeah, 'cause I'm totally going to tell Derek that."

"That doesn't really explain why you're ignoring the rest of us though. Or why you told Peter that you're done with us." She sniffles.

"Avery told me that if I didn't stay away from Derek she'd go after my dad. She would go after all of you. I can't - I won't let that happen. I will not watch the people I care about die. Not because of me."

"That's so sweet of you, but, you know we can take care of ourselves. That means taking care of you as well, we're a family. We take care of each other."

~~

"I think I might love him, sir."

"Love? Love is a strong word. Do you know enough to call it love?"

"I know him enough." Derek answers confidently. "His favorite color is red; he has a favorite red hoodie; his order is always a burger with no pickles, extra curly fries, and a chocolate milkshake. He would rather read and research then go out to a party."

"I know he will do anything for you to eat healthy; to keep you around as long as possible. He'd rather die then leave that piece of junk jeep behind, I understand why, the sentiment about his mother. Stiles is fucking impetuous, daring, caring, loves fiercely, he's a little too bold at times, and way too freaking fearless."

The sheriff chuckles "that all sounds about right. And it does sound like you're gone on my son."

"It's always been him, sir. Since the first time he saved me." Derek smiles to himself. When Stiles willingly saved him from Jackson in the school he knew. Stiles could have left him in the pool to die, but didn't. "Our souls just dance the same."

Or it could've been the time Stiles drove him to the vet, stayed with him until Scott got there. Was going to cut his arm off to save him. Granted he did threaten to kill him if he didn't... regardless Stiles was truly worried, even if he didn't admit it out loud.

"And is that you or the wolf talking?" He has to know these things. John will protect his son no matter what.

"A little bit of both probably." Derek likes Stiles for who he is. He can get annoying sometimes, but that's with anyone. His wolf loves his smell; cinnamon, woods, lavender body wash, with a hint of anxiety, Its just a part of him.

His wolf wants it all.

"Let me give you some advice, yeah? When Stiles loves someone he loves with his whole being. You'll never have to second guess if he does or not. If he decides he wants this with you for real, then do me a favor, Hale? Do not hurt him. He has had enough hurt at his age."

"I would never hurt him intentionally, sir."

"Good. Now, get out of here and go talk to Stiles."

~~

"Peter is having - more like calling and forcing a pack meeting tomorrow morning. I think you should come."

"I'll think about it."

"That's all I ask. I'll see you tomorrow." She kisses his cheek leaving red lips behind from her cherry red lipstick. "I love you, Sti."

"Love you, Lyds."

~~

After Stiles grocery shops and he puts it all away, which took thirty damn minutes. (A few bags may have ripped and he may or may not had to run after a few can ingredients.) He decides to reward himself and orders a pizza. He then goes up to his room to shower. He almost has a heart attack when he enters his room.

"Oh my god! What the hell do you think you're doing?"

TO BE CONTIUNED...

Vote and comment lovelies.