Chapter Nineteen: Because of Socks?!

Vote and comment loves 💖
Depression is slowly taking over so I'm trying to finish this book as quickly as possible for y'all 🫶🏼

"Scott it's Friday and Derek still hasn't left my house. I mean I'm pretty sure he does while I'm here at school; it would be weird if he just sat in my room all day and waited for me, right? Don't get me wrong I love having him around but he's been hovering a lot. He's all healed from that alpha which I'm grateful for, I thought he was going to lose too much blood honestly and - "

The wolf shrugs "I'm not really seeing the big deal. Didn't you guys kiss and stuff?"

"Not stuff. Just kissed. A lot. Like I'm talking like a lot. And how do you not see the big deal? He cleans, he cooks healthy meals my dad eats without even complaining. I caught him doing laundry yesterday!"

"Again, I'm not seeing the issue buddy. isn't it a-"

"Hold on." Stiles holds up one finger up to silence his best friend. "Yo Der-bear, what's-"

"Why is there a pair of socks on your floor?"

"What? Why does it matter?"

"Because I just cleaned your room yesterday!"

"Are you really mad at me for leaving a pair of my socks on my floor? Seriously? They're just socks, put them in the basket."

"No you shouldn't of threw them on the floor."

"Will you just pick the socks up, Derek!"

"Stilinski, get the hell off your phone this isn't socializing time!"

"Look, I have to go, but pick up the socks, Derek. Stop being a baby and stop cleaning my room." He abruptly hung up the phone before the wolf could get another word in.

"He's mad because of socks?" Scott asks amused.

"Because of friggin' socks! You see my dilemma now?"

"He used to be a whole lot worse." Isaac adds from in front of him.

"Used to be? - Used to be?! He's lost his freaking mind over socks that's in my room in my house."

The curly head boy shrugs "he's weird."

Stiles and Scott both nod in agreement to that statement.

"I'm surprised he let you drive to school today. The Brown's are still in town."

"I was running late he didn't really have a choice."

"Wait are you guys like officially dating now?"

"I think so. We haven't really talked about it. But we have made out.. a lot."

"So you've said." Isaac rolls his eyes with a private smile. He's stoked that his best friend and alpha is happy. And them together is just the cherry on the cake.

"He fancies me." Stiles gushes.

Scott and Isaac both groan.

~~

"Okay, settle down guys. I want you to take out a sheet of paper and write down ten things you love. No names needed."

After everyone hands in their papers Ms. Flinch sighs. "Okay, so who wrote Theo Raeken ten times?"

Said boy looked across from him and gazed lovingly at his boyfriend.

Liam laughs shyly "It wasn't me.. why is everyone looking at me?"

"Who else would it have been?" Hayden asks.

"Okay, fine. It was me, so what? You said ten things we love."

"Yes about history. This is history class, not relationship class." Ms. Finch scolds.

"I think it was cute." The were-coyote whispers with a smile.

Hayden faked gagged at the lovers. But she's glad Liam found his happiness, even if it isn't with her.

~~

"Alright son, I think you should go home tonight." John tells Derek after he takes a big bite of broccoli and cheese.

"Oh - uh - "

"I'm just saying you've been here all week. I'd like to have tomorrow alone with my son."

"Of course, sir." Derek nods as he pushes his peas around his plate. No one should have to eat it. Ever.

"Cheer up, Der bear."

"What's going on with you?" John asks concerned.

"Nothing, sir. Just thinking about my family."

Shit how could Stiles forget the Hale's death anniversary is coming up.? "Wanna go see them after dinner? If that's okay with you, dad."

"Of course it's okay with me." Derek needs a support system when it comes to this. And Stiles can definitely relate.

~~

The next morning Stiles felt his bed dip. At first he thought it was Derek. But he went back to the loft last night after a good two hour cry at the cemetery.

"Hey kid."

"Dad." Stiles mumbles as he pulls his blanket up to his neck. He misses his werewolf heater.

"I'm sorry to do this, I know we planned the day watching baseball like we used to, but I'm needed down at the station."

"'ts okay, dad. I understand."

"I'll make it up to you. I love you, Stiles." He places a quick yet gentle kiss to his son's temple.

"I love you, pops. Stay safe."

"You bet kid."
~~

Stiles was still in bed when banging started on the front door. He tried to ignore It until it went away but no dice.

That definitely wasn't happening and it was starting to piss him off. He was up late with Derek. He also couldn't sleep without him. He didn't fall asleep until five in the morning!

"Stiles!"

"Jesus fucking Crist!" He flails and falls out of bed onto the floor. "What the actual fuck, Erica!"

"Rise and shine sleepy head. We're having a girls night!"

"Who is we - why am I entertaining this? I'm very much a guy If you haven't noticed over the past few years."

"Allison, Cora, Lydia, and myself. And of course you're going to be apart of this! Now, I'm going to go let them in, be dressed before we get back up here."

Stiles groans. It's going to be an extremely long day. Why do these situations find him for? Can he not have one peaceful day?

To be continued...

Vote and comment babes ❤️