As much as he was terrified of how Meena would respond if she found out that he was getting married, he wished he'd marry her first.
______________________________

Yasmeen sat on the bed, still in her stained towel going back and forth with herself about the decision she'd made to tell Abdulsalam about the trip. She knew there was no way she could talk him into changing his mind if he said no, and the chances of him saying yes was close to none.

Yasmeen couldn't believe that she might not get to attend the farewell party. She knew it wasn't convincing to say she really wanted to go, but she really did. It was all she could think of ever since Noor informed her. Wasn't there anything she could do? Yasmeen slapped her palm against her forehead again, as if it would help shake up a better idea.

What if she chose Leeds for their honeymoon? But everyone would think she'd gone crazy. Taking honeymoon to Leeds was like doing it at home. She was going crazy with thoughts until it occured to her that she had a willing father-in-law. She literally jumped at the idea that popped up. There wasn't any time to waste. She sought out Uncle Bashir's number and dialed.

She moved further on the bed, resting back against the headboard, using the duvet to cover her bare thighs. The phone rang twice before it was picked.

" Assalamualaikum." Yasmeen said in a small voice.

"Wa alaikum salam. My daughter."

Upon hearing his voice, Yasmeen's heart beat faster. Her hand was cold against her opposite elbow.

"Nda dubdo Baa " Her voice was a bit shaky. What was happening?

" K3lewa nda nyi. How are you?"

" I am fine Alhamdulillah. How is work?"

" Work is fine My daughter, Alhamdulillah ."

Yasmeen was getting flustered. Her body was getting aware that she was talking to her father-in-law and so the response. She was finding way to calm her heightened vitals when he asked her if there was anything she wanted to talk about.

" I aah... I was thinking I could talk to you about ummm..."

" You can talk to me about anything. I am your father. Just mention it, anything you want me to do for you."

" Yes. Well....There is this farewell event that is coming up to be held in Bradford which I would like both Abdulsalam and myself to attend... I um."

"Where's Bradford?"

" University of Bradford, Leeds. My alma mater."

" Sure! I remember.... Farewell for who?"

" One of our professors there is retiring. We wanted to make it a memorable one, all of us being there to honor his leaving."

" Of course! You must go." Yasmeen almost jumped out of the bed upon hearing that. She knew it was the wrong to approach the matter that way but she was desperate. If it happened Abdulsalam got upset about what she did, she knew how to make it up to him.
_______________________________

Hauwa had just spoken to her father over the phone. It appeared his medical visit had turned into a world tour. He was currently in Kuwait, a week  after he'd sunned himself away on the beaches of Mauritius.

The fact that he was delightfully okay, wandering around the globe made it clear to Hauwa that he was not concerned whatsoever about the upcoming election. He would usually make some contacts and do a few things to make sure every plan put in place was going to be fruitful before any election. Was he testing the waters to see the amount of impression Abdulkarim was going to make? But that was too big a gamble. What if l Abdulkarim got overthrown and their party  was plunged into quandary, losing the leading position? Thanks to her little plot Asheikh was now in jail. The other party would take a while to catch up and still wouldn't stand a chance against them with the current situation.