snow on the beach

Cassandra truly didn't know how she was still alive.

The curse of the River Styx was something that no mortal had ever survived. She always assumed that you would suffer in your final moments before dying an awfully painful death.

But here she was. Months after she had broken her oath, still alive.

Of course, this wasn't without cost.

For months and months she had been horribly sick, throwing up the dirty burning water from the River Styx. A migraine so bad she couldn't think. A dry throat that never seemed to go away, despite how much water she drank. Random cuts and bruises showed up all over her body, becoming quickly infected.

The worst part of it though, was having to keep what was causing the illness to herself.

She didn't need to worry her friends. They were already stressed about the upcoming war, and telling them that she was cursed was something that would just add onto that stress.

Cassandra knew better than to expect help from the gods. They weren't exactly on the best terms at the moment, and there wasn't a way to stop the curse.

With war on the horizon, things seem like they can only get worse.

But Cassandra's already hit rock bottom.

And there's no way left to go, besides up.

╰┈ ⋆。˚ ❀ *· 🌬 ࿐ ࿔ ˚:⋆ ✧・゚

"The Weapon"

Cassandra Regalia

"Because sometimes lying is easier than telling the truth."

[ Amalie Snolos ]

[ Amalie Snolos ]

"The Hero"

Percy Jackson

"I'll be okay. It's you I'm worried about."