Boy Meets Girl

Kiki_Sweetheart

Liked by AshleyGraham, WillowSmith, and 46,018 others

Kiki_Sweetheart: Feel the glow ✨ #GoodMorningFromCali
____________________________________

"See? This is why we besties. I be knowing all your angles," my best friend, Nola, said.

I rolled my eyes and laughed," But you act like you ain't a whole photographer. You literally take pictures for a living."

She shrugged," Touché. Can we get some food now? This event is cool and all but...it's boring."

I glared at her. We literally just got here an hour ago. It was a little influencer get together that I got invited to in LA. We'd decided to spend the weekend in LA since it's 5 hours away Oakland. I knew everyone here but I didn't want to come alone so I dragged Nola with me. She's clearly not feeling the fun.

"This is why I leave your ass in Oakland when I come to LA. You better not complain to me, ever again, about how never I take you to parties," I said, bluntly.

She cringed," Eww, are all the parties like this? Yeah, I'll never bitch about it again because this party is wack. I'm sorry."

I rolled my eyes," You're so insensitive. This literally a charity event for kids in Africa.."

She cut me off," And we already donated. Can we please go? I'm starving."

"There's literally food here," I laughed.

She cringed," Yeah, that's been sitting out in the open considering this is an outdoor event. There's probably been all types of bugs and bird shit on it. Absolutely not."

I busted out laughing," What the fuck?!"

"Ki, come on! Because if I run into that alien again, I'm gonna lose it," she said, grabbing my hand.

I frowned," Alien?"

She looked at me," You know who."

Realization kicked in, my jaw dropped," You're going to hell talking about Jeffery Starr like that."

"He's already ahead of me in that department, now let's go."

I let her drag me away while shaking my head. Nola Johnson, my best friend since we were 8 years old. She has a mouth on her but I love her. She's definitely that friend I can't take anywhere but I still do because she's my sister. We do almost everything together.