Nights Like This...

Austin's POV

The meeting lasted way longer than we expected and it was rather eventful. Akiya had already expressed she doesn't really care for Kate, from what she's heard through me so she was already on guard. I had a little pep talk with Akiya, in hopes that would ease any tension she was carrying.

I explained that Kate is a feisty redhead, she tends to speak before thinking at times, that she has good intentions but sometimes comes off harsh, and to not take things to heart. But what I failed to remember is that, Akiya is also a feisty black-Latina that hates confrontation so much, she almost loves it when try her. She doesn't care if that's how they are or if they just don't like her, she'll call you out on it.

I gotta hand it to her because she genuinely did her best to remain respectful but like I said, she already didn't care for Kate to begin with and Kate didn't necessarily makes things better.

Right off the bat, the tension was high from Akiya's end. It didn't take long for Kate to feel some type of way. At one point, I had to ask if we could take a break because I could feel Akiya's whole vibe was thrown off. We had agreed to take a late lunch and meet back up. Akiya was notably a lot more quiet and reserved.

Her aurora is so strong, her moods set the tone in the room. And the tone this evening was fairly low.

But overall, the meeting was alright. We managed to figure some things out. It's set that our first public appearance together as a couple is at this year's Fall Fashion week which will be in a few short weeks being held in New York. There's also quite a few other events planned for us.

It's crazy to think, I started this year with my ex and now I'm ending the same year with my new girlfriend. Although, I was a little disappointed Akiya wasn't jumping at the idea of moving in, I understand completely. But at least she knows now, I'm open to the idea. I want her around me even more. I haven't felt this happy in a long time so can you blame me for wanting my cause of happiness around 24/7?

Even though right now, my personal happiness is a little upset.

We made it back home in absolute silence. She's brooding, for sure. Kate pressed the right buttons today.

I opened the front door, letting Akiya open go first. Still not saying a word, she walked past me. I starting to think I've upset her too. And the little stunt I pulled earlier when we were on the phone with her mom, it bothered her.

"Baby, you sure you're not hungry? I can order something or whip something up for you," I offered, trying to get her to say something.

"I'm ok," she simply responded, heading straight towards the stairs.

I sighed. I'll order something, anyways. I followed her upstairs. As soon as I walked in the room, I stopped in my tracks. Akiya had disposed of her sweater and was in the process of taking off her jeans, showcasing her black bra/panties laced set. I'm pretty sure I'm drooling at this point.

"Austin?"

"Huh?"

"Stop staring at me like that."

My eyes slowly went up her body to her beautiful face. She was smirking and shaking her head.

I chuckled," I can't admire my girl's body?"

"Not after she's been called fat."

Mood has been killed. I let out a breath," Baby, you're not fat."

"Kate thinks otherwise," she shot back, heading into the bathroom.

"She didn't say you were fat," I responded, following right after her. I couldn't help but still check her out.