Chapter 15

Neteyam and Aonung where at their usual sunset spot. It was eclipse as they led in each others arms.

"Do you think we should tell our parents about us?" Neteyam's words were sudden and fast.
"What?"
"Well Lo'ak, Kiri and Rotxo already know and I know Lo'ak well enough he won't be able to keep it to himself for very long."
"But is it what you want?"
Neteyam flipped himself onto his stomach to look at Aonung.
"Yea, I mean I'd rather have my parents hear it from me rather than Lo'ak."
"Well as long as you're sure it's what you want."
"It really is Aon."

——

The next day at midday Neteyam went back to his hut. His parents were sat with each other, his mother cooking lunch.

"Hey mom, dad,I need to tell you guys something." Jake turned to look at the boy. "What's wrong son?"
"Well you see, I'm um, I'm dating Aonung."

Jake was a little surprised at first."Aonung, as in the chiefs son?"
"Yeah." Neteyam shuffled a bit in his spot, looking down at his feet. "So you caught yourself a good one then."
"Ma Jake, be serious, our son is trying to have a moment with us."
"Wait so you don't care that I'm dating a boy."
"Oh baby, why would we. It's perfectly normal."
"Thanks mom. Thanks dad."
"So when do we get to officially meet your little boyfriend then?"
"Ma Jake!"

————————————————

I know it's short but I really like the way this chapter is.
XX