Chapter 9

A few days later Aonung awoke as usual. Him and Neteyam had plans that day but all he knew about it was Neteyam was taking him somewhere.

Aonung met Neteyam later in the day at their sunset spot. To his surprise Neteyam had a basket in his hand.

The other boy smiled as Aonung came close to him. "What's the basket for pretty boy?"
"You'll see soon Aon." And with that Neteyam grabbed his hand and pulled him along towards the wooded area of the island.

He practically dragged him until they reached the middle of the woods. Neteyam basically stopped dead in his tracks, smiling to himself. "Why'd we stop?" All the other boy did in response was point up.

As Aonung followed the boy's finger upward he saw that there was what looked to be a sort of treetop net. The net had a picnic blanket spread across it ready for the two.

Neteyam let go of Aonung's hand and walked closer to one of the trees. He began to climb one handed as he still had hold of the basket. When he reached the top he placed the basket on the net before sitting on the edge of it.

"Come on up reef boy!"
"You're out of your mind if you think I'm climbing that tall ass tree."
"It's not even that tall Aon."
"Yes it is."
"Fine, I'll help you, you big baby."

Neteyam proceeded to climb down the tree, jumping down a few feet above the ground. He grabbed Aonung's hand before pulling him over to the tree.

He picked Aonung up as the boy wrapped his arms around his neck and legs round his waist. Neteyam climbed the tree with ease, even if there was another person wrapped around him.

Once at the top, Aonung unclasped himself from the other boy and stood wobbly on the net surface. Neteyam walked across the net with ease and sat on the blanket signaling Aonung to come over.

The reef boy struggled to walk on the net and nearly fell over a couple of times before reaching the blanket and sitting with the other boy. Neteyam began to unpack the basket that Kiri had helped him to prepare the day before.

The two sat eating with each other comfortably, chatting between bites. They ate for a while before packing the leftovers back into the basket.

——

It was now nearly eclipse as the two boys led on the net. Neteyam was led on his back with Aonung sprawled on top of his chest. The reef boys hands sat directly on his chest with his chin resting on them.

Neteyam had pulled Aonung's hair out of its pristine bun awhile ago and was now stroking it as the led in peace.

"Y'know you should wear your hair down more often, you look very pretty."
"Maybe I will forest boy."

Aonung lifted himself up slightly so he could lay a kiss on Neteyam's lips. Neteyam grabbed his face and pulled the boy up further, making the kiss become a lot more passionate.

The boys continued to make out as they sat up. Neteyam's back leant up against the tree behind him as Aonung sat on the boy's lap.

Aonung moved down to Neteyam's jaw, leaving soft kisses along it. He moved further down to his neck. Aonung licked the boy's neck, moving towards the back of his neck. "Is this okay?" Neteyam nodded to him.

Aonung began to bite and suck on the back of the other boy's neck as his hands explored his body. He made sure to not bite his neck where it could be easily seen by others.

He moved back up to the other boy's lips to continue making out. Neteyam's hands became entangled within the boy's hair as Aonung's hands led pressing on the others chest.

The boys finally broke apart, no longer able to breathe properly. Aonung led down with his head in the crook of Neteyam's neck as Neteyam slipped down to lie on his back.

Both boys fell asleep entangled with each other.