Chapter 13

If Aonung was honest he was still a little bit angry with Neteyam. But he understood the boy wanted some space yesterday and didn't intend to 'runaway'.

It was sunset and Aonung was making his way to their spot.

When he arrived at their sunset spot Neteyam was already there, waiting for him. He sat down besides the boy, overlapping their fingers.

"Do you think we should tell the rest of them about us?" The question had been eating away at Neteyam since his not so pleasant morning with Lo'ak. "Only if you want to Tey." The boy put his head in his hands as he sighed.
"I mean they're going to find out eventually Aon, right?"
"Your probably right Tey. Bet they've been trying to figure it out since the campfire. I mean thank god Kiri has been able to keep them at bay."
"So we tell them. When should we tell them?"
"I don't know, whenever we see them next because we both know they won't shut up about it until they get their answers."

Neteyam led his head into Aonung's chest as he nodded. He had become so stressed over the situation and felt as if he couldn't catch a break.

——

The next day Neteyam went straight to find Aonung at his hut. They thought that if they had to tell the rest of them than they may as well make it easy and at least be with each other.

The two boys went to sit on the end of the walkway near the Sully hut, waiting for the three pesky teens to show up. And soon enough they did.

The two boys felt as the walkway wobbled with the teens came towards them.

"Yes Lo'ak, we know you want the truth, only the truth, nothing but the truth." Neteyam didn't move a muscle, just knew who it was. "Woah bro, that was awfully specific. But you are right, I want to know what the hell is going on between you two."

Neteyam finally turned to look at his brother and the two reef na'vi. He looked back towards Aonung, grabbing hold of the boys hand. "Me and Aonung are... together." The boy's brother looked shocked at him, he was sort of expecting it but couldn't fully comprehend it. "Like 'dating', together?"

Neteyam nodded at the other boy, his head hanging down. "Oh. Okay. Was not expecting that answer. Okay I mean I kinda was, but still bro. I mean damn."

Neteyam chuckled at his brother's reaction. He looked over to see the boy and their friends smiling at him. It was contagious, the other two boys couldn't help but smile back.