Chapter 1

The loud sound of the conque vibrated throughout the whole island as the locals pointed at the incoming ikran and their rider's. The whole metkayina clan gathered on the beach to get a look at who had came to their home. Aonung had came to stand by his father to see what all the fuss was about when he had laid his eyes on probably the most beautiful person he'd ever seen.

He must have zoned out because the next thing he knew he had been told to show the sully children around. He followed his sister and the sullys to the hut where they would be staying. They waited outside for the children before taking them Ona tour of the island.

Aonung was barely able to keep his eyes of the oldest of the sully siblings, Neteyam. It felt illegal for someone to be so beautiful to him, especially a boy. He couldn't understand the feeling in his chest when he was around him.

He couldn't get the boy out of his head for the rest of the day. He even dreamed of the boy.

The next day he awoke and still had the boy swirling in his thoughts.

He made his way with his sister to the reef where they were going to try and teach the sully siblings to swim then ride and tame the Ilu.

All of the siblings, except Kiri, struggled under the water and were unable to hold their breath for long. After being hassled by Aonung and Rotxo, they seemed to get the hang of swimming and decided it was time the tried to tame an ilu.

Aonung couldn't help but laugh at their attempts. lo'ak was helped by Tsireya but was dragged by the animal and was unable to keep his grip. Neteyam, however, was helped by Aonung. He found it much easier than his brother to tame the ilu but still seemed to struggle.

The rest of the day they practiced to ride on ilu. Aonung spent the time secretly catching glimpses of Neteyam. That fluttering feeling was constantly in his chest. Why was it there?

——
The next day Neteyam was the first to wake in the sully family hut. He went and took a relaxing walk on the sand outside. That was till he found a spot he thought would be nice to lie on.

He was dazed as he heard the crunching of sand near him and opened his eyes a peek only to close them after he had seen Aonung.

"You'll drown in the tide if you stay there all day forest boy." Aonung teased, standing over the boy. Neteyam shot up into a sitting position, scared by Aonung's sudden words. He looked over at the other boy flustered as he scowled.

Aonung sat next to him and got that same tingling in his chest again.

The two boys sat in comfortable silence, enjoying each other's presence, not realising what this could lead to.