27

Areum's POV

Silence filled my room when Xukun left. I started to fix myself for school. My teachers decided to proceed our missed afternoon class during the weekend to make up for our lessons. I really don't feel like going right now after what happened but I don't have a choice, exams are coming up and I don't want to flunk any grades.

I grabbed my things and left for school. On my way there, a notification popped on my screen.

1 minute ago

200 likes

Cai Xukun: somebody give this girl a break jeez @HanAreum

comments...
Fan Chengcheng: dude when was this?
↪️Cai Xukun: the other night

Chen Linong: OMG that was our thesis HAHAHAHA!

Mei: ooh wearing kunkun's shirt huh 😏 what a hoe
↪️Huang Justin: I swear if you don't stfu...
↪️Cai Xukun: ew stop calling me that. We ain't even close btch not even in your wildest dreams.
↪️Fan Chengcheng: Mei stop
↪️Chen Linong: @Fan Chengcheng let her borrow one of your shirts. Someone's insecure 🤪

Han Areum: lol tell my group mates psh 😪
↪️Chen Linong: jiejieee I trust your brain more than mine
↪️Fan Chengcheng: I'm sorry baby let me make it up to you. I'll do the next chapters ❤️

I didn't notice that I was already in my school's gate. I got off from the bus and made my way to our building. I was just minding my own business when I saw someone familiar. He looked at me and smiled.

It was Cheng

It was Cheng. I heaved a sigh and walked towards him. "Hey" I said. He smiled and greeted me back "hi, I was waiting for you"

"Why?" I asked and we started heading to our class.

"Why what? This is what I really do right before I left  right?" He said while looking at me. "I guess I was away for too long huh" he chuckled and sipped his coffee.

"Yeah. A lot has happened and changed" I shrugged " Cheng, this won't really work out you know? Like everything. Us, your engagement, everything. I love you but that is not enough for us to work. Things might get complicated if your parents found out about this. And Mei she—"

"Areum listen—-" he interrupted but I spoke again

"No, you listen to me. Let's not lose the opportunities that we could still talk and stand next to each other like this. If we insist on defying your parents' will on your marriage with Mei, we might lose each other forever. When I say forever, I mean it. They might take you away from me and your friends. Maybe let's take everything slowly or come to a halt. Think things through and if time permits for us to be together then why not?" I said, my voice cracking.

He remained silent not until when we're a few rooms away from our class. He faced me and made me look at him.

"I understand. I love you but I don't want to harm nor ruin your life." He bitterly chuckled. "But I will do everything I can just for us to work. Might not be now but soon. Right Areum?" He asked me, hope lingers on his voice.

I looked on shoes "I don't know..."

He sighed. But he didn't gave up. "I will talk to my parents. I will make them understand my situation and how I feel. I don't care if the time comes every thing is settled yet you're with someone already, I'll wait, no matter how long that will be." He said. I nodded and hugged him.

"Okay Cheng" I whispered on his ear while hugging him. He hugged me tightly and whispered back "can I kiss you for the last time? This will be very hard for me since we will still see each other at school and maybe to some of our mutual friends stuff. Just one...please" I felt something wet came down to my neck. Is he crying? I let go from our hug and cupped his face

"Yes" then I kissed him. It was not long nor short. The kiss felt sad and hurt. This is breaking me

I let go and we looked at each other's eyes.

"Thank you. Promise me Areum we'll be the same as before everything. Do not avoid me. Just us, the first Areum and myself friendship." I gave him a reassuring smile and nodded.

"I promise"

The bell rang. We sighed heavily and decided to go to our class.

3rd person POV

While the two were having their moments, little they know there were individuals who happens to hear and witness it. Mei was on climbing up the stairs when she heard the two talking, and Xukun down by the hall, not visible to the two.

———————————————————————————

It's been years (like literally) since the last time I uploaded. Funny it may sound but I lost my old ipad that I used for writing and it has my old emails and stuff 😭 worse, I forget my passwords for both email and wattpad. Then boom, I found my old notebook containing my passwords and stuff while decluttering our attic. Safe to say that I'm back and I promise to finish this novel/story/ff. Still hoping someone would still read my work.

28 will be up next