Lyle started booting up the stairs before I got the chance to finish.

I glanced at the other two, who both shared looks of pity, before I set out after my mate with our bags. They both knew I was gonna have a rough night.

Lyle climbed to the third floor, throwing open the door to the master bedroom.

"Wow a king size bed, huh?" Lyle wiggled his eyebrows before star fishing on the bed that I made this morning.

"You've been gatekeeping this from me." His words were muffled in the blankets.

I took the shoes off his dangling feet along with mine and placed them by the closet where our bags laid. Lyle eyed me as I unpacked our belongings.

"You're too good for me," he proclaimed. I waited for him to clarify. "You've always been better than me, that's why I was always jealous growing up."

"Jealous?"

"Yeah, that's why I always got into trouble and fucked with you. It was just a scheme to try and win all the attention. I was convinced dad was going to make you Alpha over me."

I stopped unpacking to join him on the bed. Lifting his head, I placed it on my lap to stroke his hair.

"I was never better than you," I started with uncertainty. "I was a traumatized child trying to make sure my new family didn't reject me. And you were just a child trying to understand why some random kid all of a sudden stood your spotlight. Jealousy is healthy."

Lyle sat up to look me in the eyes. He buried his hands in my curls as he stalled his response.

"It doesn't matter if it's a normal reaction or whatever. I haven't apologized yet, so before we solidify our bond, I want to say I'm sorry for all the fucked up shut I did. Okay?"

His eyebrows were scrunched together and a slight frown was settled on his lips.

"Okay."

"Okay."

"This feels like it's out of a movie."

"It is, actually."

We burst out in laughter for a moment, reveling in the clean air. Sitting on the bed, I held him in my arms, embracing the warmth that our bond wrapped around us.

After a few minutes, I felt Apollo getting antsy in my head. Considering I felt Xander's stress level significantly decrease in the past few minutes, it was safe to assume that they started their mating process. Lyle must've sensed it too because he tensed a little in my grip. To ease him, I started placing soft kisses on his neck. He wiggled in my arms, but I managed to hold him still.

I sucked on the nape of his neck which has him moaning and gripping my arms. I glanced at his longer than usual nails and mentally prepared myself for the scratches he will leave on my back. Just the thought of that made me sweat with lust.

Letting my hands roam his body, they land on his thighs, squeezing them before moving higher. He squirmed but that only made me tighten my grip on him.

I leaned over so my lips grazed his ear. "Be a good little mate for me tonight." He stilled in my arms as I watched his erection grow suddenly. I unbutton his pants and slip a hand down to clutch his dick in my hands. He moaned loudly, panting silently in between his squeals of pleasure.

After stoking him for a few moments, he helps me wiggle his pants down his legs far enough for him to sling them off the bed. He turned around so he could now face me. He sat himself on my lap, causing for a moment to look into my lust filled eyes before peeling off his own shirt. I gulped as I admired my naked mate in front of me. A smirk grew on his face as he watched me staring in awe of his body.