Chapter 85: Cast Party

We all showed up in costume. Me standing between Veronica and Betty. Veronica getting the party started as she took a drink.

I grabbed one to and chugged it down. Everyone walking into the other room. Having a little bit of a dance party. Veronica and Reggie leaving the group.

Archie and Josie next to leave the group. Toni and her gang showing up as I glared at them. Evelyn noticed my anger and walked over to me.

"I can't believe she actually came." I said resting my forehead against my palm, "I need a refill."

"It's time to let everything go." Evelyn said as she placed a hand on my elbow, "Follow my lead."

I agreed not knowing what else ot do. And honestly the girl may seem creepy, but she was really nice once I actully talked to her.

Me and her walked into the room as Sweet Pea followed. I forced a smile as we walked together. It was harder then I thought it would be. Seeing Toni moved on and I was still stuck on her.

The next day everyone was gathered together again. I was sitting on the ground between Betty's legs as she played with the necklace I wore. The locket I never took off to be specific. Jughead was behind us but I don't know why he's here.

"So last night was big fun. But...now it's time to dig deep." Evelyn explained as her and Kevin sat in front of everyone, "So, we're each gonna share something that we've never told anyone before. Big or small. So, does no on have a burden that the rest of us can help shoulder?"

"I'm being haunted by Midge's ghost." Kevin blurted out as I looked up, fear crossing my face, "I've been thinking about her all the time since rehearsals started and I just...I just feel so guilty."

"How beutiful." Evelyn smiled as she stood up and Betty looked down at me, "So um, who would like to go next?"

"I got something!" Sweet Pea said, "I know it was just suppose to be a summer fling, and, uh, she didn't want a relationship. But I did. So ir really blew to see Archie and Joise getting cozy last night."

"Arch, are you and Josie dating?" I asked turning towards my brother as Betty did the same.

"Well, I mean..." Archie said looking down at Josie for the answer but me and Betty smiled knowing the truth without the answer.

"Uh..." She mumbled looking back up at him.

"Did you know about this?" Reggie asked Veronica as she looked at him confused.

"What? I had no idea." Veronica replied confusion not only in her face but in her voice.

"The fact that your ex-boo has a new girlfriend has nothing to do with you suddenly being all in with me?" Reggie asked as I sighed and threw my hands in the air.

"Why don't we all share the horrors of our relationships?" I asked as my hands fell back down.

"Veronica?" Evelyn asked turning towards the girl, "Anything to share?"

"I just found out that my parents are separating. My family's unconventional, to say the least, but I always thought no matter what, they'd stay together." Veronica explained and by her tone I could tell she was on the verge of tears.

I got up moving in front of Veronica as I hugged her leg. Because Betty had already beaten me to the seat next to Veronica.

"And that is what we in the theater call a breakthrough." Evelyn said pointing towards the girl, who was clearly upset with having to share the information.