Chapter 69: On the run

"Tell Jughead if he doesn't get you back to me in once peice I'll kill him

"Tell Jughead if he doesn't get you back to me in once peice I'll kill him." Toni said from the other side of the phone and Jughead gave me a scared look.

I laughed before replying, "I'm more muscle then Jughead is, don't worry."

"Okay, that I take affence to." Jughead said pointing at me as I smiled, "Bye T, love you."

"Love you too. Fangs and Sweet Pea say safe travels." Toni said with a slight pause, I'm assuming because Sweet Pea and Fangs were talking to her.

I hung up the phone before putting it in my back pocket. Archie just got done breaking up with Veronica, and we had a long rode ahead of us. It was going to be an interesting few days.

"Some money, change of clothes." Jughead said passing Archie a bag as I put mine on, "Granola bars, juce boxes."

"Thanks for coming out here, Jug, Y/n." Archie said.

"Sure you wanna do this, man?" Jughead asked.

"Leaving is his best option, Jug." I said placing a hand on Jughead's shoulder.

I didn't want Archie to leave either. But right now it was the safest option for Riverdale and for Archie. Archie may be a free man, but that doesn't mean that people aren't hunting him down right now.

"It's my only option." Archie added onto my statement.

"I don't disagree." Jughead agreed as we started walking down the train tracks.

"Joaquin is dead." Jughead sighed after a small moment of scilence, "The symbol that you have branded on your hip, he had one on his forehead."

"It means 'sacrifice.'" I added and Archie looked over at the two of us confused.

"What?" He asked, "Who the hell is doing this?"

"I don't know." Jughead said as I looked down at my feet.

"But I have the feeling Hiram Lodge is part of it." I added and the two boys gave me an obvious look.

"He always is." Archie said as the two boys wrapped their arms around me, sense I was walking in the middle of them.

"Don't worry, I'm not letting you out of my sight." Jughead said looking towards the ground, "And Y/n will provide protection."

"You ever hop a train before?" Jughead asked the two of us.

"No." Archie and I said in unison as I shook my head.

"You'll figure it out." Jughead replied as we then started to walk in silence.

-Time skip-

The three of us have been walking for days. No time to stop, we haven't changed our clothes. And my phone had offically died. So I can no longer call Toni or the others.

We finally found a place to rest. And Jughead went to use the phone so he could call Betty. Even though every time he's tried he's had no luck.

"Hi, this is Betty. Leave a message." Me and Archie listened to Betty's voicemail go off again as Jughead tried to call her.

Something wasn't sitting right.

"Hey, Betty, it's me." Jughead sighed, she hadn't picked up the phone in days, "I'm just trying you again, hoping you're okay. We're just looking for a place to settle down. I'll let you know when we do. Okay. Uh...I love you. Bye."

"Okay lover boy, let's get this show on the rode." I sighed as I pushed myself from where I was sitting.

"Still no answer?" Archie asked as the three of us continued walking down the never ending rode.

"No." Jughead sighed.

"Look, Jug, maybe you should go back." Archie said as Jughead looked at him shocked, "I'm fine, and I have Y/n. Really, dude, I'm gonna be fine."

"Archie, no offense but Betty took down a serial killer last year. You two can't go five minutes without being kindapped, threatened, getting the crap kicked out of you, or in Y/n's case kicking the crap out of someone else." Jughead explained as we continued walking, and I have to say, he makes a good point.

"And that was before you were marked for death By Hiram Lodge." Jughead said looking at Archie before he turned to look at me, "You, you use to be really, really cute."

"Shut up." I hissed slapping his shoulder.

"Yeah, maybe when she was three." Archie laughed and I slapped him as well, "It would just be nice to stop looking over my shoulder all the time, just find somewhere to settle, you know?"

"We will." Jughead replied, "When we find the right place, we'll know. We're gonna feel it."

"Or maybe we're already there." Archie said hitting both me and Jughead softly in the arm.

In front of us was giant farm land. Nothing to be seen, no people, or at least that's what it looked like. And it was surrounded by giant trees.

Jughead scoffed as he kept walking, "Nice try. Let's get a couple more miles in before nightfall."

"Come on, Jug. We gotta bunk somewhere." Archie said grabbing Jughead's arm.

Jughead sighed as Archie shrugged his shoulder and started walking towards the farm land. I stopped as Jughead just stood their and I smiled at him.

"Well clearly you've lost your leadership over Archie." I teased.

"Yeah right, I've never had leadership over Archie. He doesn't do anything I tell him to." Jughead scoffed as we followed after Archie.

We walked into the farm land, and it still looked liked no one was there. That's when we heard a gun cock and I quickly grabbed mine hiding it by my bag.

"Your trespassing." The voice of a girl came through my ears, "Now let's see you do a little turn, nice and slow."

That's what we did. The two boys putting their bags down as I cocked my gun and pointed it at the girl. A small girl, you've got to be kidding me.

Who gives a gun to a kid?

"Who are you?" Another lady asked as me and the little girl glared at each other.

"I'm Cal. This is Biff..." Jughead said pointing at Archie and then at me, "This is Blade. From Centerville."

"I don't like liars." The older lady said as she walked over towards us, standing next to the little girl, "Shoot'em, Gracie."

Jughead then wacked my arm. But before either me or the Gracie girl could shoot, Archie got in the middle of it.

"Wait! Wait." Archie said, "We got robbed on a train. They took all our money. We've been walking for days. Just...we're looking for some food and some water, and we'll be on our way."

"Put the rifle down." The older lady said and the little girl hesitantly did so.

I then slowly loward my gun and put it back in my pocket.

"I'm Laurie Lake. This is Gracie. You three like stew?" Laurie asked.