Chapter 81: Saving Fangs

"All right, Serpents, let's get right to it. Any of you guys know about the break-in to the Chemistry lab?" Jughead asked, the two of us sitting on the teachers desk while the serpents/ghoulies were in front of us, "Kurtz..."

"What are you smiling about?" I finished for Jughead glarring at the new Ghoulie apart of the Serpents.

"Just thinking how looting the alchemist lair was one of our more rewarding quests." Kurtz replied and I couldn't believe it

Does Kurtz only think about Griffins and Gargoyles?

"Are you serious?" I scoffed pushing myself off the desk but Jughead grabbed my shoulder so I didn't so anything stupid, "You did that as part of a G&G game?"

"You realize Weatherbee's gunning for us now, right, moron?" Jughead added standing up as well.

"You promised us immunity." Kurtz replied as I placed my hands on my hips.

"Not when you go and flagrantly break the law." I replied trying to get out of Jughead's grasp.

"Your gonna return the equipment." Jughead said ingoring my struggles against him.

"The hell I am" Kurtz scoffed, and I did my best not to loose my cool.

"Freakin' Fizzle Rock junkie!" Fangs added turning his head towards Kurtz.

"You wanna go right now?" Kurtz asked as I swatted Jughead away from me and stepped in front of Fangs.

"Yeah, let's go right now, right here." I said crossing my arms as Kurtz got up.

The two of us went towards each other. But Sweet Pea was quick to grab my jacket and yank me back.

"Don't think that we've forgotten about your little buddy spying on the Gargoyles. I should have beaten him over the head with the branding iron when I had the chance." Kurtz said looking from Fangs back to my gaze as I gripped his jacket with anger.

"ALL RIGHT! BACK DOWN! BOTH OF YOU, RIGHT NOW!" Jughead shouted, and I'm going to be completely honest it scared the shit out of me.

Sweet Pea got between us pushing me back towards Jughead. I put my hands up in surrender as I sat back down.

"Whatever bad blood that existed between the Serpents and the Gargoyles, it's over! We're all Serpents now. You know, I think it's high time our newer members learned about our laws." Jughead said leaning against the desk in front of where I was sitting.

"Repeat after me. In unity there is strength." Jughead demanded.

"In unity, there is strength."

"I can't hear you, Kurtz." I gave him a cheesy grin as I looked over Jughead's shoulder, "You wanna try that again?"

"I play by a dfferent set of rules." Kurtz glared at me.

"Then you're out of the gang." Jughead replied.

"You came to me, remember?" Kurtz said walking towards Jughead, "Your mother came to me. Invited us into the Serpents. And looking around, you need us more than we need you. So, if you're rescinding what you promised us, then you better come up with something better to offer. Before we decide to throw you guys out of our gang."

After days of trying to find some kid. We finally found him. I'm not sure who the kid is, but he seems to be important to my brother.

"We found the kid, but he's still in danger." Jughead started, "So is Archie for that matter."

"So, what's the next play?" Sweet Pea asked trying not to hit me because I was sitting on his desk.

"It's a classic gambit. The hunters become the hunted. Kurtz had said that there are some rouge Goyles."

"So you two." I whistled at the goulies far left from me, "Heckle and Jeckle, start talking."

"I want the names of those outliers. And I want sentries posted at the Gargoyle lair." Jughead added when Toni ran into the room and I quickly stood up.

"Jughead--Y/n what the hell are you doing here?" She asked pointing at me.

"Would you believe me if I told you they kidnapped me?" I asked and Toni gave me a disgusted look.

"Just come with me, we'll talk about this later." Toni said grabbing my hand and yanking me out of the classroom followed by the others.

We ran through the halls to see Fangs being held upside down over the balcony. Kurtz and one of his friends holding him.

"Fangs!" I shouted as I pushed people out of the way, "What the hell!"

"Y/n! Y/n! HELP!" He shouted as Jughead still tried to fight through the crowed while me and Sweet Pea finally got to the front.

"Don't be scared, you dirty Serpent spy." Kurtz said, "Your about to ascend. And you'll fly, too."

"Kurtz...don't" I said softly putting my hand up.

"Happy landing, worthless snake." With that me and Sweet Pea made a run.

"NO!" I shouted as Fangs started falling but me and Sweet Pea slid onto our backs.

Fangs landed on top of us as I groaned due to the pain. Mine and Sweet Pea's arms were linked under Fangs, so he didn't hit the hard ground. We all just laid there, catching our breath and Fangs was in to much shock to move.