Chapter Seventeen

It had taken her three days to get to Tokyo, a full day was dedicated to pickpocketing in order to get new clothes and other supplies. She was no longer wearing the white clothes from her escape but was not clothed in a pair of dark blue jeans as well as a dark green short-sleeved shirt. Over the shirt was an oversized hoodie and on her feet were a pair of black running shoes.

On her back was a bright red and orange knapsack, Endeavor-themed due to his new position as the number one hero, inside of it was some spare money, food, and a water bottle. She paused at the crosswalk, pulling out the sheet of paper with the address given to her by Grinan. She glanced at the building across the street, making sure the digits matched.

Finding that they did she shoved the paper back into her pocket, her blue eyes narrowing as she watched people enter and leave the building. Turning on her heel she entered a nearby cafe, sitting at a table as she kept her gaze on the building, her face shadowed by the hood of her hoodie.

She spent hours watching the coming and goings of the building, her eyes looking for the familiar face of the doctor she had once placed her trust in. She was hard-pressed to not run across the street once he finally did make an appearance. She grit her teeth, her hands curling around the cup of coffee in them.

Soon, very soon he would face the consequences of his actions. She just had to wait until it was dark to sneak into the building and confront him to get the information she needed. She had been shocked to learn she had been kept locked up for five years, five long horrendous years.

He had stolen five years of her life.

Five years without her daughter.

Five years of suffering at his hands.

So what was a few more hours?