Chapter 3

It's been two weeks since that slapping incident. Dominic kept on begging me to move back into our room but I refused to give in. He eventually gave up after a few days and he has been coming home late in an intoxicating state these days, banging on my door, shouting and making a scene.

I clearly remember when he painfully gripped my wrist when I tried to move past him to my room. And then there was the incident where he pushed me and I bumped against the sharp table corner, which left a lovely mark on my left hip.

I'm still a little afraid of him, but I will never show him that. He has become abusive, and I'm avoiding him like the plague.

He went to London for the whole month for 'business' but I know he went more for pleasure than anything else.
Diana also decided to leave us and go live with Tammy. She couldn't bear to see me still living with Dominic. I don't blame her though.

Apart from that I feel awful. I feel bloated. After spending hours in the bathroom I finally came out, wearing grey sweatpants and a light blue jersey with my white nikes. I let my hair down, curling it and I applied minimum makeup. I sighed as I put on my wedding ring.

I went to the kitchen and I found the housemaid Emma there. She's more like a friend and she's been working for Dominic for many years. "Charlie dear, should I make tea for you?" She asked and I nodded, taking a seat at the counter. "Yes please Emma, I don't feel to good today. "

"What's wrong dear?" She asked and gave me a cup of tea. She then came to sit besides me. "I feel bloated and I have to make a stop at the toilet almost every half an hour. And to top it all off, my breasts are so sore and tender." I said honestly and drank my tea.

Emma smiled knowingly and took my hands and held them tight. "Oh my dear, I think you might be pregnant!"

What?! It's not possible! Like in...Nada!

I wanted to protest but Emma gave me a look that silenced me at once. "Now don't argue dear, tell me, when was the last time you had intercourse with your husband?" I wanted to tell her to stop meddling in my private life but then again, apart from Diana, she's like a mother to me. "Uh, about two weeks ago?" I answered, praying that she might be wrong.

Her smile got wider and she took a sip of her coffee. The smell of coffee suddenly made my stomach turn and my mouth tasted sour. I felt the bile rising in my throat and I ran towards the nearest bathroom. After I rinsed my mouth the thought struck me, I am pregnant!

Please, let it all be lies!

I quickly rushed to my room and put on my grey jacket. I grabbed my handbag and my car keys and rushed
outside. "Emma, I'm going to the hospital to get a pregnancy test done, I have to make a hundred percent sure." I said when she wanted to protest. "Please, if Dominic or Diana calls, tell them that I went shopping. Don't tell them anything yet."

"It's fine dear, just drive carefully, the weather is not looking too good." She said reluctantly. I went outside and almost bumped into one of the guards. It was James. He is my personal chauffeur and we became friends, but he still won't stop calling me ma'am.

He took the keys from me and walked towards my car, opening the door for me. I smiled at him and climbed in, when he also got inside he turned to me. "Where to ma'am?"
"Hospital."

                         **********

Doctor Haynes came back with the reports, and I felt uneasy. She looked at them and smiled brightly at me. "Congratulations Mrs Gray, you are definitely pregnant!"

I felt the tears rolling from my eyes and my heart clenched. No, no, no! Why am I pregnant?! Now I will be stuck with Dominic forever! Doctor Haynes presumed that these were tears of joy and she gave me a little white box.

"I like to give this to the mothers after I give them the good news."
I wiped my tears and opened it, inside was a pair of white baby booties, and I cried again. This time they were tears of joy.
I'm gonna be a mom!

I put the reports and the gift in my handbag and then I left, walking to James where he was waiting for me.
He saw my red face and immediately came forward. "What's wrong ma'am?"

"Nothing, I uh, I'm pregnant." He smiled and gave me a side hug. "That's wonderful! Why don't you go buy a big slice of chocolate cake just for you."

"That sounds excellent James!" I said and felt a bit better. We got into the car and drove to a big cafe. I quickly went inside and I ordered us both two big slices of cake and tea for me. He was still waiting outside in the car.

While waiting for my order a familiar woman made her way to me. Stacey Ross. Dominic's ex. She envied the hell out me. Great, just what I needed right now. "Charlie Gray, what a surprise to see you here." She said and gave me a slight hug.

"Stacey Ross." I said, and returned the rather clumsy hug. My order arrived and I quickly paid for it, and quickly headed for the door. "Mmm, that smells good, enjoy it." She said and walked with me outside. "Dominic is a very wild guy, Charlie, be careful not to lose him." She added and I stopped in my tracks.

This bitch! She thinks that she could threaten me? Never! Nada!

I only smiled and kept my cool. "Yeah you're right, anyways, tell me, what did you do to lose him?" Her smile disappeared and she looked at me with newfound hatred. She turned away from me and made a dash for her car. I only smirked and made my way to James.

Where was he? My car is nowhere in sight! I turned to walk behind the cafe. Here is the car standing in a dark alley, but where is James? I quickly ran towards the car and my heart stopped. James was lying inside, blood oozing from his head. By the marks on his face it seems that he had a massive fight before he was knocked out. The food fell from my hands and I immediately took out my phone to call 911.

Before I could press the call button, a cloth was pressed in front of my face. My screams were muffled under the cloth and soon all lights dimmed out, and soon I was surrounded in darkness. Shit! I've been chloroformed!

All I could hear was a creepy voice whispering in my ear. "Shh now love, your dear husband messed up big time, now someone has to pay..."
________________________________________________________

A/n: Hey guys!👋
Ooh la la! Dominic's enemies finally decided to strike and now poor Charlie is caught up in it all!

And now that she's pregnant, she is stuck with Dominic forever. (Sighing dramatically)😣

Q: With Dominic still in London, who will save Charlie?
Stay tuned for more action. ^_^

Please forgive any typos and please comment ;)

Kind regards and stay safe :)

A . Freeman
•••••